Badlands Precision Bullets thread - From BC to terminal ballistics

What's the usual process when bullets are ordered?
I put my order in on Monday the 26th. I haven't received a email for order confirmation yet. I called 4 times. 2 times it was busy. 2 times no answer.

You could message @nralifer on here I suppose. I've always gotten pretty prompt shipment for multiple caliber purchases over the last 2 years.

Anyone looking for 70 gr .224's? I've got a box of them available.

What's the usual process when bullets are ordered?
I put my order in on Monday the 26th. I haven't received a email for order confirmation yet. I called 4 times. 2 times it was busy. 2 times no answer.
I ordered some 10 days ago and just got them on Tuesday. I imagine the holidays have slowed things down. Sometimes I don't get emails from them on shipping. They just show up.

They look incredible. After using Barnes and Hammer bullets, I'm surprised there is only one "driving band/pressure relief band" or whatever they are called on the body of the bullet.

What is Badlands take on this?

Thanks.
It's a copper relief band, namely a place for the etched copper to go as the bullet engages the rifling. The back portion's copper is relieved at the boat tail shank junction. As long as the continuous shank length is around 0.320" not enough copper balls up to foul the barrel excessively. Two bands measurably reduce BC. Multiple ones all add more drag to the bullet. It is well known that over long distances higher BC bullets will eventually pass lower BC bullets shot at higher MVs. When that happens depends on the BC difference between the two bullets.

It's a copper relief band, namely a place for the etched copper to go as the bullet engages the rifling. The back portion's copper is relieved at the boat tail shank junction. As long as the continuous shank length is around 0.320" not enough copper balls up to foul the barrel excessively. Two bands measurably reduce BC. Multiple ones all add more drag to the bullet. It is well known that over long distances higher BC bullets will eventually pass lower BC bullets shot at higher MVs. When that happens depends on the BC difference between the two bullets.
Thanks for the response and the info on one band vs multiples. I know the early monos had fouling and pressure problems until they went to the bands to allow copper to deform into them.

Makes sense about the tradeoff of BC vs possibly high velocity.

They look really nice.

Thanks for the response and the info on one band vs multiples. I know the early monos had fouling and pressure problems until they went to the bands to allow copper to deform into them.

Makes sense about the tradeoff of BC vs possibly high velocity.

They look really nice.
It's not that our bullets cannot be shot at high velocity. They certainly can. Witness the 80 gr BD2 .243 bullet be pushed to 3650 fps from a 22" factory barrel and still be able to group sub-MOA at 600 yds with the right powder/ brass combination. It's just that when you add BC to the combination long range performance is increased.

It's not that our bullets cannot be shot at high velocity. They certainly can. Witness the 80 gr BD2 .243 bullet be pushed to 3650 fps from a 22" factory barrel and still be able to group sub-MOA at 600 yds with the right powder/ brass combination. It's just that when you add BC to the combination long range performance is increased.
Yeah I could have worded that better about pressure and velocity. Thanks.

31FC6C5F-5C82-470B-9486-88A8FDD31D28.jpeg
These should be fun in the 338!