Back at it…

Even the new fangled deals need some pop of wood! 🤩

thumbnail_image0 (2).jpg

It just kills me to use them when they are too pretty! :D I save them for the range and casual shooting and manage to get enough boo-boos on them that way even. LOL

Warm wood and deep blue metal is my cryptonite.
I need to introduce you to my brother-in-law. When I showed him my new Wby Mark 5 Deluxe, he whipped out a pocket knife and offered to make the first scratch. Told me I would hate myself less later when I dinged it up. He was right.

I need to introduce you to my brother-in-law. When I showed him my new Wby Mark 5 Deluxe, he whipped out a pocket knife and offered to make the first scratch. Told me I would hate myself less later when I dinged it up. He was right.
I agree with him. After the first scratch, you don't mind taking it hunting anymore

My Dad told me all my life when getting something new..."Son, take yourself a ball peen hammer and smack it somewhere out of sight so it makes the obvious dings to come more bearable". Too funny!

It just kills me to use them when they are too pretty! :D I save them for the range and casual shooting and manage to get enough boo-boos on them that way even. LOL

Warm wood and deep blue metal is my cryptonite.
I seem to have the same problem. I buy them & then I'm afraid to take them hunting. I save my Howa 25-06 w/ Hogue stock for hunting. I thought about changing the stock to a Boyds. But then what would I do for a hunting rifle ? lol

I hunt with them all. Maybe it's the thought I can fix it or build a new one.

Pucker factor used to be pretty high when I was first learning. Now I just think it is what it is. Just more practice 😂
Ok so you talked me into a new stock. When will you have it done ? It will be that pretty Maple ? lol

😂 I do have someone already interested in the maple stock. What we can do is we can work together in finding you the right blank. Then I can build one for you.

Like everything in this sport, it's all in how much you want to spend😂