Atelope Hunting Video 2008

Nice Broz, thanks for sharing. You really get a sense of the distance when the camera zooms back from the antelope to where it was shot from.

Broz,
I have been waiting awhile to see this. All I can say is WOW! Chistmas is going to come and go without much notice this year, as all I can think about are the rifles Joe is building for me.

Oh yea, if I recall...you have a pretty good story behind this as well. :)

Ray

Broz,

Nice hunt, nice shooting and you gotta a good cameraman there.

If I may ask, what was the difference in points of impact for the two shots?

I'm just interested in that kind of stuff.

Thanks guys , I am glad you are enjoying it.

Roy, You are right about Magnus he did great with the camera, alot better than I did with his. We were having a great time, not to mention if I had to blame one person for my addiction to LR hunting and shooting it would be him.:D

For the POI's, they were both shoulders, I don't have an entrance on the one at 482 but do have the exit pic. I have both entrance and exit for the 820 goat. The 482 was a slightly down hill and the 820 was slightly up. Impact was a bit higher for the 820 and the bullet exspanded quite a bit and completely cleaned everything from the inside bottom of the spine including the main artery. Thus the rear went limp. Here is what I have for pics.

482 yd down hill goat

DSC00592Large.jpg

820 yd up hill goat entrance

DSC00595Large.jpg

820 up hill goat exit

DSC00599Large.jpg

Broz,

No wonder the difference in animal reactions.

Interesting indeed.

It sure appears that more explosive is better if you want the animal to be DRT vs taking a few hops. But not too explosive;)

Oh, and Daniel ain't too shabby on the editing either. Very good work.

thanks for sharing and congrats on the hunting/shooting. i guess you don't have to worry about a wound channel when all the insides get removed!

nice job guys...

looks like you were just south of Buffalo from the Big Horns in the Background...

chances are, I know where you were shooting !

good job !

Pictures are worth a thousand words!

Exit holes like that are the fingerprint of a good bullet!

GG, my goodness there is nothing left!!! William's antelope at 350 yards with a 210 berger... we totally lost the whole front shoulder on the exit side. Now guys don't cut my head off, I'm a meat hunter remember?

GG, my goodness there is nothing left!!! William's antelope at 350 yards with a 210 berger... we totally lost the whole front shoulder on the exit side. Now guys don't cut my head off, I'm a meat hunter remember?

Eaglet, I understand your concerns. Just for the record, When we ,, well ... Magnus cut both of these up. Since the exits on both were in the ribs a minimum of meat was lost. That being said I would think a double shoulder with any bullet even a .243, would produce quite a bit of lost meat. My point is, my biggest fear of a long shot is a lost animal and a slow death. So, I like big holes and missing vitals.

JMO.

Jeff

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.