ATACR Reviews

Broz,

I am no optical expert but I was able to compare the ATACR are to a Premier a couple days ago. the store also had 30 mm NXS. I was able to compare all 3 together. I ran them through their full range of magnification from 40 yards to about 250 YDS. I was very impressed with the ATACR. it was every bit as crisp as the Premier. and I consider Premier to be the top of all Tac scopes. I had no problem focusing up close as others have mentioned. Overall I was extremely impressed and would not hesitate to buy one.

Awesome! Wow that sounds great! I am preparing to do a full review soon. I am really looking forward to running the ATACR through the course.

Thanks for the post, I do appreciate it.

Jeff

I am also eagerly awaiting more reviews... Broz, especially yours. I'm just about ready to purchase the scope for my new LR rig but want to make sure I make the right decision.

I want to make sure the ATACR is worth the extra $$ and added weight over the tried and true NXS.

I am also eagerly awaiting more reviews... Broz, especially yours. I'm just about ready to purchase the scope for my new LR rig but want to make sure I make the right decision.

I want to make sure the ATACR is worth the extra $$ and added weight over the tried and true NXS.

I will be starting it soon. The ATACR and rings are on the way to me and I will be putting it on a new 338 Edge with a 29.5" heavy barrel. Brass and dies are headed my way from Defensive EDGE too. The rifle is being set up for a ELR elk rifle. I plan to have my 300 win along with a 5.5~22x56 NXS zs to compare images at all distances. I have all I need except a few more 300 Berger OTM's or 300 Elite Hunters. I am looking for them now.

Jeff

Excellent! And let me revise my last post ... not only am I looking forward to your ATACR review, I can't wait for your future posts about not only your rifle, but your elk hunts!

Just sitting here at work, smiling, thinking about all the fun a guy like you is gonna have with a gun like that... :D

Broz,

I am included in this thread so it notified me of your post. Not trying to solicit your post, but letting you know I have several boxes of the 338 OTM 300's in stock at the moment. Just got a shipment in the other day. If you cannot find any where you normally go, look at our webstore and you can find them there.

Thanks Jeff.

Broz,

I am included in this thread so it notified me of your post. Not trying to solicit your post, but letting you know I have several boxes of the 338 OTM 300's in stock at the moment. Just got a shipment in the other day. If you cannot find any where you normally go, look at our webstore and you can find them there.

Thanks Jeff.

PM in bound.

Thanks

Any updates? Looking to pull the trigger on the ATACR over the NXS if results are good. You should send a bill to NF for marketing!

I was thinking of getting one of these scopes, but I think I'll wait for the reviews. I love the NSX's that I own! I was hoping this new one would be better. I will just wait and see.

I was thinking of getting one of these scopes, but I think I'll wait for the reviews. I love the NSX's that I own! I was hoping this new one would be better. I will just wait and see.

Guys the full review is coming very soon. I just received a new ATACR in MOA from Nightforce along with rings. It will be mounted on a new 29 1/2" 338 EDGE and taken a field. I will also have my tried and true 300 win with a 5.5~22x56 NXS side by side to compare as I go along. I have some tests in line for tracking, reticle accuracy and image quality. It will likely be a few weeks to complete as I want to do the image testing in different lights and weather conditions. So, that's were I am right now and I will work on this as much as I can. I don't want to rush this as I believe you need more than one trip out to really know what you have. So here we go.

Jeff

Thanks Guys, I am on it! I want to do a full review in many conditions, testing, and lots of pics. So it will be at least 2 weeks unless I find more spare time.

Jeff

Just order a 5-25x56 Atacr moar. Were can i get a bubble leval 34 mm with a cosine indicator that will go on the right side. Or just a cosine that will go on the right side. All my rifle have them on the left side with do not do me any good . My rifle are right hand but i shot left. All most blind in my right eye. Thanks Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.