ATACR Reviews

Bob, Thank you for your input. Right now many of us are looking for all the info we can get on these from people that have actually taken an ACATR out and used it.

I appreciate your reply.

Jeff

I have a couple hundred shot under mine. It is mounted on one of my new Mountain Xtreme Denali's in 300.

I really like the fact that there is extra MOA adjustment in a scope that has more magnification, other then traditionally losing adjustment the more magnification a scope has.

The glass flat out is better, It has a edge to edge clarity that is perfect in rendition. Not to mention it transmits more light through the glass.

I will be mounting one up on my Denali in 338 Lapua next and really testing its abilities with not only the 25x magnification, but the last clicks in the scope as well!!!

The glass flat out is better, It has a edge to edge clarity that is perfect in rendition.

I don't know what is going on with the ATACR reviews. But this is not what I am hearing from guys comparing them in the field along side a NXS.

There is a huge difference is results and the more that getting out there the more we are hearing.

I guess I will sit back and wait till we get more people willing to post their results.

My new ATACR is sitting with my new build awaiting to be finished. So I can not say what it is like. But I will know soon.

There is something wrong here...????

Jeff

Yes Sir, I did. And that is not the only one. Lets me say this. I am not doubting reports or pointing fingers. But there are mixed reviews. I am just wanting to know what is going on with some of them.

Jeff

Jeff you might need your one sent out to you, this isn't sounding very positive :-(

Broz

If anyone can do an unbiased review of the scope, it would be you!

Thanks I appreciate that. I am a true fan of the Nightforce line. I didn't order a ATACR on a whim. The 5.5~22x56 NPR1, ZS Has been my favorite scope for my long range rigs. We still own 3 of them. I will soon enough see for myself I guess.

Jeff

I was in Denver this past weekend so I had my ATACR tag along..
I was very happy with the look through the glass, we scoped the mountains and there was no haze or distortion at all. I had it out on the 20th floor and we glassed all of down town, it was very easy to read building numbers and plaques at 750+ yards. All were crisp and clear, very easy to make out mortar joints at 800+ yards. I don't have any complaints with this scope at all.
My friends all have high end scope and they loved this scope also. My FBI friend made the comment that he no longer saw any reason the pay $3400 for a S&B after looking through the NF.
I guess others results will vary...?

Any other ATACR owners that have gone afield care to give your thoughts? Would really like to hears some side by side reviews with a NXS or other high end scope.

Jeff

Broz,

I am no optical expert but I was able to compare the ATACR are to a Premier a couple days ago. the store also had 30 mm NXS. I was able to compare all 3 together. I ran them through their full range of magnification from 40 yards to about 250 YDS. I was very impressed with the ATACR. it was every bit as crisp as the Premier. and I consider Premier to be the top of all Tac scopes. I had no problem focusing up close as others have mentioned. Overall I was extremely impressed and would not hesitate to buy one.

as a side note I found the scope at 1shot gear in Denver. it's a great new shop they carry Sitka and Kenetrek also
let me know if you have any other questions

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.