Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

I've also written alot of folks and signed a buttload of petitions---most recent one to impeach Senator Feinstein. (failure to uphold the United States Constitution)
I had contacted Senator Lindsey Graham, NC, thanking him for his support on gun legislation and the fact that he admitted to owning an AR 15 on national TV. I got the same response that they were extremely "busy" AND the fact that I was from Idaho put me in the "no response from the senator" category. Oh well, I made the attempt and I will keep doing so until this legislation is stopped.

Randy
Link to petitions please

Please include links to petitions, letters, ect.

In my humble opinion, we citizen sportsmen who respect the rule of law and a peaceful society, need to get at least as large and loud as the anti's have been. Every elected official from local dog catcher to the guy who won the election last month needs to hear us so they can figure it out for themselves that any legislation that in any way 'infringes' on a citizens rights IS playing with political 'fire.'

Wile E. Did you see this post?

Jeff

Here is the link!!

Congress.org – Get informed, get involved

It is easy!

Here was my note. Feel free to copy all or part of it, if you like.

"To whom it may concern: I am strongly against any form of gun control and this includes the proposed "Assault Weapons" ban of 2013. We have enough gun laws, more will not help. The cost of this worthless venture to attack law abiding citizens, and strip them of their 2nd amendment rights, is nonsense. This proposed law has nothing to do with public safety. Lets spend the money to get help to these mentally ill people that are committing these heinous crimes. Or place armed guards at all our schools. It is a FACT!! That more gun laws equal more crimes. Lets do the right thing."

Guys, this is no time to be lazy. It only takes a few minutes. I can't understand why we all would not send a note. It is no more work that making another post about the sport we love. Do it!!

Jeff

Wile E. Did you see this post?

Jeff

Yes Jeff. Thanks.

I'm in the process of wearin' out my welcome there. Unfortunately, 'my' representatives do not represent me. In the past year I've sent over one hundred emails and written letters to these folks and have received only 3 mechanical 'thank you for your interest' letters. But I'm still tryin' to get through.

Sent mine!

Got a new Sheriff starting in a couple of days. I'll be having a chat with him shortly.

As with all things political this has to be changed at the local level.

Just sent mine for what it's worth. Sometimes, I really believe the politicians are more self serving than representative of their constituents. I just hope Rep Boehner will put the brakes on the knee-jerk legislation getting ready to hit DC like a whirlwind. Could you imagine what would happen if Pelosi were still running the House?

Maybe a new poll should be taken to guess just how many new pieces of gun grabbing legislation are going to be unleashed on Jan 3.

Yes Jeff. Thanks.

I'm in the process of wearin' out my welcome there. Unfortunately, 'my' representatives do not represent me. In the past year I've sent over one hundred emails and written letters to these folks and have received only 3 mechanical 'thank you for your interest' letters. But I'm still tryin' to get through.

Maybe you need to mail a few, write letters to the editor or what have you, hell last time Denny Reberg got back to me quick, but now that the elections are over........

Sent mine!

Got a new Sheriff starting in a couple of days. I'll be having a chat with him shortly.

As with all things political this has to be changed at the local level.[/QUOT

Roy, ask him what he thinks when his department will have to be the "local law enforcement agency" who will have to photograph, document and fingerprint all the MILLIONS of guns and owners. I hope that they tell the feds to go and fly a kite.

Randy
FFFF

they had something to that effect on the agenda in the 90s, the Ravalli Co. Sherif at the time adressed Congres and basicaly told em they could stuff it, he had the backing of a lot of other LEO agencies nation wide too, they dropped it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.