Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

Greetings,

I am brand new to the forum. As my first posting, I thank you for the informative video and I have submitted my letter to congress. I have posted your video on my personal social accounts as well as elected to subscribe to your youtube channel. Thank you Jeff!

Spaniard

Greetings,

I am brand new to the forum. As my first posting, I thank you for the informative video and I have submitted my letter to congress. I have posted your video on my personal social accounts as well as elected to subscribe to your youtube channel. Thank you Jeff!

Spaniard

Spaniard, Welcome to Long Range Hunting. Thanks for sending the letter and sharing the video. But I want to make it clear that video was passed on to me by some other gun owners and I just shared it here. It is not mine, but I do however find it a good source of current info.

Thanks
Jeff

NRA-ILA | Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22

Just like the posted video, the above link states how Feinsteins bill will require gun registration, which has historically been a prelude to confiscation, which is precisely the 'step by step' point of such legislation. Remember the often told story of the frog in a pot of water where the water temp was raised so slowly that the frog didn't notice and eventually it was killed by the warm water? Feinstein and other lawmakers like her (Obama) want nothing less than total confiscation--REGARDLESS of what they say--look at their voting records from early on. Obama, especially, is a master at half-truths, otherwise known as a lie, as least as far as the 'low-information' masses in this country is concerned. If you've done your homework, you realize how obvious his efforts are.

He'll patronize the less informed supporters of the 2nd Ammendment by saying he supports firearms for hunting, as he did in the last presidential debate, while completely and falsely reframing the 2nd Ammendment argument. The more the masses hear from public figures that the 2nd Ammendment is falsely about hunting, the more we lose true, informed support for the 2nd while these masses believe a lie and their freedom erodes--and they don't even know it. Don't be deceived.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." Joseph Goebbels - Nazi propagandist

The above tactic is in full use around the world.

Faith and Freedom Network Blog

Above is a well written article, with quotes from Obama, in part, about the hypocrisy of the liberal elites regarding gun control and their typically ingrained philosophy which precludes a true discussion about the origins and cause of violence. Well worth a few minutes to read. One of many tidbits from the above link:

"Here's the quote from Gandhi's own autobiography: 'Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest'" (page 446).

Last edited:
NRA-ILA | Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22

Just like the posted video, the above link states how Feinsteins bill will require gun registration, which has historically been a prelude to confiscation, which is precisely the 'step by step' point of such legislation. Remember the often told story of the frog in a pot of water where the water temp was raised so slowly that the frog didn't notice and eventually it was killed by the warm water? Feinstein and other lawmakers like her (Obama) want nothing less than total confiscation--REGARDLESS of what they say--look at their voting records from early on. Obama, especially, is a master at half-truths, otherwise known as a lie, as least as far as the 'low-information' masses in this country is concerned. If you've done your homework, you realize how obvious his efforts are.

He'll patronize the less informed supporters of the 2nd Ammendment by saying he supports firearms for hunting, as he did in the last presidential debate, while completely and falsely reframing the 2nd Ammendment argument. The more the masses hear from public figures that the 2nd Ammendment is falsely about hunting, the more we lose true, informed support for the 2nd while these masses believe a lie and their freedom erodes--and they don't even know it. Don't be deceived.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." Joseph Goebbels - Nazi propagandist

The above tactic is in full use around the world.

Faith and Freedom Network Blog

Above is a well written article, with quotes from Obama, in part, about the hypocrisy of the liberal elites regarding gun control and their typically ingrained philosophy which precludes a true discussion about the origins and cause of violence. Well worth a few minutes to read. One of many tidbits from the above link:

"Here's the quote from Gandhi's own autobiography: 'Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest'" (page 446).

jmden,

I read the Faith and freedom network blog . very good read . I tried to print it off but the pages were blank . i was going to take it to work and let all the Obama fans read it .

Im for the most part i'm only informed of organizations like the NRA to donate to. Could someone post other worth while ones so i can send funds ASAP? thanks

Im for the most part i'm only informed of organizations like the NRA to donate to. Could someone post other worth while ones so i can send funds ASAP? thanks

Wildchild---2 other worthy organizations are GOA--Gun Owners of America and the 2nd amendment foundation. I belong to all three and encourge others to do so also.

Randy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avOV6_42xe4&feature=endscreen&NR=1]Piers Morgan Blows Up on Larry Pratt Over Gun Rights - 12/18/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Larry Pratt (Gun Owners of America) in a conversation with Piers Morgan. Larry does a fine job of staying target in spite of Morgans insulting comments.

Just wrote all of my senators, congressmen, the governor, and the president.

Sent this:

I am with every other member of this nation and believe that the recent mass shootings are utter and terrible tragedies. However, I do not believe that tragedies should be used as a political platform to springboard political policy. Please fight to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. I am an avid hunter and I choose to shoot throughout the year as a form of enjoyable recreation. I am also a firm believer that the 2nd Amendment is about making sure that no tyrannical powers are able to overthrow our government because our citizens are armed. This is a basic freedom put into place by our founding father's, and I am very thankful that they had the foresight to do so. ANY gun ban would be an infringement upon this basic right. Again, please be our voice and protect us from these possible "assault weapon" bans.

Sincerely,

Joe Kupper
Arthur, NE

I think it is important to write Obama. He won't care, but numbers of people writing him that are opposed may change his view a bit...probably not, but worth a try...

109,334 signatures on a petition to the White House to have Piers Morgan deported. The White House response was he has the right to free speech and freedoom of the press under 1st amendment maybe I'm wrong but he is not an American citizen so how is that an excuse, to just blow off the petition.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts