Asking for help on bullet choice for multiple deer rifles

I'll very much disagree with this one.

While I do handload, I have often found factory ammo that will easily shoot sub-moa and keep it out to 500 yards. As that's about the furthest I can shoot on the land I have available I don't have data on longer distances. And, I've taken game with this same factory ammo.

As I noted previously, the cost of finding this ammo is needing to try several different types to get the one that works. Once you do, it can work very well.

You're right..I overstated that a bit. Factory ammo has improved dramatically along with most rifles. The only thing I would add is make sure you practice at 500 & know YOU & your equipment are up to the task. That wind can turn arrogance in hopelessness...

Hand loading does interest me. I'm fairly particular about things and the idea of making my own loads ensuring good quality sounds great. My concern is time. I don't have much of it and fear I will make significant upfront purchase to get started and then not do it.

Frankly, I used to feel the same but after a while, the time spent reloading outweighs the time spent at the range with frustration and considerable better accuracy by many folds.

I'm only home one week a month and still make time to reload. It is hard sometimes to find the time, my wife usually has a fair amount of honey do's when I'm home but the benefits definitely outweigh any downsides that may come with reloading. As stated before, it is a great hobby with many benefits that will help you shoot better. Not to mention it's a ton cheaper than the factory fodder, especially if you like to shoot anything more than a few before season and what you may shoot hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.