Arken SH-4 Gen II 6-24x50

Is that a picture of your Arken? My buddy's Arken doesn't look like that. None of my scopes are labeled like your picture. That very well may be how my Arken was labeled, also I was using 20 MOA rings. Too bad Arken's customer service is so bad, they could have possibly avoided this confusion and the loss of a sale. Still, shame, shame on Arken for not responding to a customer.

Don't know how a zero stop would work with a turret like in your picture that can be turned down below zero.
Again the numbers you are referring to are not zero it is center of travel you can go above or below then set your zero stop, if it is set to zero at that point you would never have to go below that then you are done .ignore those numbers at that point and come up whatever your ballistic program tells you to.

Again the numbers you are referring to are not zero it is center of travel you can go above or below then set your zero stop, if it is set to zero at that point you would never have to go below that then you are done .ignore those numbers at that point and come up whatever your ballistic program tells you to.
Yes, I absolutely know what a zero is and a zero stop, we are discussing the correct use and labeling of the numbers under the turret. Wrong labeling is wrong labeling. A zero stop should show zero under the turret, not -.5 or -1.0. I know the scope is only $550, but I wouldn't want a scope that doesn't align properly, no matter how cheap it cost me.

Yes, I absolutely know what a zero is and a zero stop, we are discussing the correct use and labeling of the numbers under the turret. Wrong labeling is wrong labeling. A zero stop should show zero under the turret, not -.5 or -1.0. I know the scope is only $550, but I wouldn't want a scope that doesn't align properly, no matter how cheap it cost me.
You know most scopes do not show Optical center, I think it's a good feature you are just hung up on a number.I personally do not like cranking my scope all the way up then all the way down counting clicks to find center I wish more scopes had this feature!

Once again zero does not mean 0 It means Center you are just not understanding it

I appreciate your effort to help me understand this labeling, but I don't get why they would design a scope with a zero stop that doesn't stop on zero. The zero stop just stops somewhere you've randomly set it (after zeroing the rifle) and not necessarily on the zero number under the turret. That is wrong in my definition of precision engineering.

I appreciate your effort to help me understand this labeling, but I don't get why they would design a scope with a zero stop that doesn't stop on zero. The zero stop just stops somewhere you've randomly set it (after zeroing the rifle) and not necessarily on the zero number under the turret. That is wrong in my definition of precision engineering.
The zero stop function is for the numbers on the Turret cap. The zero on the optical center is to center the adjustments basically a starting point they are two different things I don't know that I can explain it any differently. There's nothing wrong with the scope or the labeling on it for the money it simply cannot be beat! I'll bet when you returned the scope they ran it through their quality checks gave it a clean bill of health cleaned refurbished repackaged and sold it again without a problem.

The zero stop function is for the numbers on the Turret cap. The zero on the optical center is to center the adjustments basically a starting point they are two different things I don't know that I can explain it any differently. There's nothing wrong with the scope or the labeling on it for the money it simply cannot be beat! I'll bet when you returned the scope they ran it through their quality checks gave it a clean bill of health cleaned refurbished repackaged and sold it again without a problem.
In a perfect world if everything was in alignment with a 0 MOA base or rings it would be on 0 the fact that you were using a 20 MOA ring or base it would definitely not end up on zero

I personally do not like cranking my scope all the way up then all the way down counting clicks to find center I wish more scopes had this feature!
That's a big assumption. You don't know for sure the zero marking on your scope is really at optical center. To know for sure, you have to count turns all the way up and down to see where the zero number aligns. The zero number may be off a few clicks.

In a perfect world if everything was in alignment with a 0 MOA base or rings it would be on 0 the fact that you were using a 20 MOA ring or base it would definitely not end up on zero
Using the 20 MOA rings is the conclusion I have come to also. Since my buddy's 5-25 Arken scope doesn't have the extra numbers under his turret and he doesn't use 20 MOA rings, but both your 4-16 and my 5-25 do use 20 MOA rings, Arken must have 2 versions of their scope turrets. They must have a 0 MOA and a 20 MOA turret. Only thing that makes sense. But, they don't communicate with customers, so who knows what they're doing. Bad, bad customer service.

I admire your patience 338 dude!
I agree that he's thinking perfect optical center markings matching perfect bore alignment for zero... which is almost impossible. Just won't happen.
No, I'm wondering why my buddy's 5-25 Arken and my 5-25 are labeled differently under the turret. I'm wondering if mine was manufactured wrong. My buddy's 5-25 Arken starts at zero against the tube and then increases to +2. Mine and 338s start at -2 against the tube then decreases to -1, then up to zero, and then increases up more to +1 and +2. The difference between my buddy's labeling and mine is what confused me. I understand optical zero and setting zero stop. We wouldn't be having this discussion if Arken had good customer service. Sorry if you think I'm wasting your time. I'm trying to find answers and 338 is the only person helping which I really appreciate.