Sig Sauer Tango 4 6-24x50

nathank

I really like the looks and features of this scope, does anybody have any experience with the sig sauer scopes? They are pretty new to the optics game but offer a forever warranty. id like to hear from someone who has used one, or had to warranty one.

Your in the same boat I am right now. I can hardly find any reviews on this scope or anybody that has them on the forums anywhere. But I finally throw my hands up and went and bought one on Thursday there. I bought mine from the theopticzone.com. they had a 10% off sale on everything on there website. I got the scope for 900$.

I have to say. I just put mine on my 300 win mag there last week and I love it, well so far I do. I will probably let you all know someday how the tracking will do cause I am excited to find out if it tracks right wrong.

When looking through it looks as clear as vortex PST 6-24. But not as clear a Burris XTR II or Vortex Razor Gen I.

I wasn't sure how I was going to like the little dot in the middle of reticle, but I have to say I really like it. And the illumination is pretty darn good I think.

I want to wait till it gets warm outside here a day to go shoot, but it's pretty darn cold out there right now. I have 3 different ladder I am all ready to do. It's just that the weather is crappy here in Punxsutawney, PA at the moment.

i have one, I really like the features. Especially the locking turrets. The glass is very similar to Vortex pst line. I sold my Sightron Siii which has better glass, ligher (24oz) and less features. Tango 4 weighs 27oz

I do have a TANGO6 3-18 SFP that should be in Monday. Its going to be a little heavy IMO 31oz

Optics planet gave me one for $750 because they were out of another brand I wanted with similar features. I've only just mounted and set it up for eye relief and adjusted the ocular focus for my eye. I haven't zeroed it yet. I took a couple of long looks, and yeah, there is better glass out there. But not at the price point I got. Even at the MRP of around $1000 its formidable. I think the reason there aren't a lot of reviews is that a lot of us looking to go up from the $750 range are looking at some of the more well known established brands. So far my opinion is that it has a lot of similarities as my Gen 1 Vortex Viper PST, which is cheaper, and not quite as good as the PST gen II, that if you catch a deal can still be cheaper than the Tango 4. But if you can get a deal like I did from Optics Planet jump on it.

I got my tango 4 off opticzone.com it was like 10% off when I got it. Mine was around 900$ I think. I like it a lot and really like the features it has. On a scale 1-10 it gets a 9. The price is good for these but it's just not clear enough. I have Gen II PST on order now 5-25. I don't know when I will get it but I am excited about it.

I got my tango 4 off opticzone.com it was like 10% off when I got it. Mine was around 900$ I think. I like it a lot and really like the features it has. On a scale 1-10 it gets a 9. The price is good for these but it's just not clear enough. I have Gen II PST on order now 5-25. I don't know when I will get it but I am excited about it.

You are going to love the Gen II PST. They are as good maybe better than the Gen I razors.

Willie16wild have you gotten your PST Gen II yet? If so how do you like it? I have been waiting for mine, a 5-25 MOA, for a while now. I ordered it right from Vortex the week after Christmas using their Veterans discount program but I'm thinking of going with something else or trying to buy one elsewhere and pay a little more $ for it and I recently came across this Sig Tango 4. Thanks

Willie16wild have you gotten your PST Gen II yet? If so how do you like it? I have been waiting for mine, a 5-25 MOA, for a while now. I ordered it right from Vortex the week after Christmas using their Veterans discount program but I'm thinking of going with something else or trying to buy one elsewhere and pay a little more $ for it and I recently came across this Sig Tango 4. Thanks

I have been using the tango 4 more and more and I am happy with it still. I still haven't received my Gen II PST. No telling when I will ha.

Sportoptics.com were having a sale on Burris xtr ii scopes. I just bought a 5-25x50 mil scope last week and received it yesterday. I got it for 950$. That's with the 100$ mail in rebate.

How do you like the Burris xtr ii? That's the other one I am thinking about. I like the 34mm tube for the adjustment it gives. Kind of wondering if I should go with that instead of waiting on a brand new design. Stick with something that's has been out for a while and has had all the kinks worked out. Don't really want something to crap out on me and have to wait another 7 months plus for a replacement.

No experience with the Tango series. I'm not one to shoot longer ranges much but I want to be confident out to 500,600 yards. I picked up a Whiskey 5 in December and have been playing with it on 3 different rifles (338 WM, 300 WM and currently the 308). Shoulder problems caused me to get rid of the other two rifles in short order but, I've been testing the Whiskey 5 on the 308 the most.
I ran a Tall Target Test to check tracking. It was spot on, though I was limited to a 30" tall target, clicking up 5 MOA gave me just over 5" (I think it was 5.25") and right on the line, next I went up an additional 10 MOA and was right at 10.4 or so. Up another 10 MOA etc etc. I reversed the clicks on the way down and ended up with nice figure 8's (except for the last one and I pulled that one off!).
I had it out this past weekend running up to 500 yards with it. Repeatable clicks to hit each target from 100-500.
I haven't had it out hunting just yet but hope to here soon. I really like the scope for the money I've got in it. If /when I need to replace one, that will most likely be the one I purchase again.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.