Are the Eld x bullets that bad

No bullet is perfect 100% of time due to infinite variables related to the shot starting behind the rifle, the rifle itself, to the size of the animal along with animal position, animal and shooter stress conditions, adnaseam. Include the reloading process, bullet terminal stability and the variables increase expodentially. Throw in distance, impact velocity, environmental conditions, its a wonder it gets there and does anything. Each shooter has their own decision making process that contributes to the success of their shot (taking into consideration all variables) which is unique to themself. Which is why I only go by my own experiences. Interesting I seem to like movies that critics hate...🤔

"Let's not get into placement of shot", proceeds to describe poor shot placement leading to issues.
I'll agree that the first shot was poor .
But the next two were fine .

The point I was trying to make was the bullet exploded ! It's a cup and core style bullet . Which fragments everywhere .

I'll stick with my hammers . Never had one animal take two steps with these .

If you like losing game meat due to fragmentation go for it .

As stated every bullet has at one time or another not worked the way it was designed to. I have killed lots of mule deer with a 175 Grain ELD-X out of my 7LRM, no issues at all out to almost 700 yards. I went to New Zealand this year with a buddy, both of us shooting 6.5 PRC's. I was shooting 140 Grain Accubonds and my buddy was shooting 143 ELD-X bullets. I went 4 for 4 with one shot kills from 312 to 487. He had to shoot his Stag three times and his Tahr twice, the bullets just exploded on both animals shoulders. Very sad outcome when you think of the game animals and what they had to endure due to poor performance. Hard to say why this happens but it just does. If you are happy with how they shoot in your rifle I would use them, aim for the boiler room and cut her loose! I would stay away from the shoulder shots though.

My buddy took a PRC to Africa two years ago and shot 9 animals with the 143. All dead within 30 yards.

Another buddy and I just got back from Africa. I shot 143 Bondstrikes and he shot 147 ELD-M. For big animals, I shot a sable, waterbuck and kudu. He shot a gemsbok, golden wildebeest and sable for big animals.

Most shots were 100 yards 'ish with a couple over 200 considering all the animals. All were dead with one shot but his were dead much faster. He broke the shoulder on one of them with the ELD-M.

So are the 162 grain Eld x bullets that bad? Sure see slot of negative comments about them.
Here's an eld-x coming apart and going through the target sideways at 100 yards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-013205_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211031-013205_Gallery.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 225
I have taken mule deer and whitetails with the 143gr. Eldx bullets using the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 6.5 prc with devastating effects. No issues. So far all have been taken with DRT results. Distance has been from 50yds to 200yds. I've been reloading Hornady bullets since 1972 and have nothing but good things to say. Never had an issue. Lots of good bullets out there and Hornady has always worked for me. So for me, I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Same here, love them, and they fly so straight at distance, like out to 800 yds is as far as we have shot them, but always puts down what you shoot.

So are the 162 grain Eld x bullets that bad? Sure see slot of negative comments about them.
I stopped buying Hornady stuff after the second time I got a wrong caliber bullet in a box. I contacted them and was treated like I was lying, sent me a ugly hat. But the 30 cal 150 gr flat base Interlock #3031 is a super ez to tune bullet. Never used a eldx.