Are Rats small game?

I looked through the first three pages and didn't see any rat posts! So I decided to post this one. I love shooting rats at night. In my opinion the ATN Xsight 4k pro scope isn't good for anything else except shooting critters at night time. If you want to challenge your marksmanship skills, get you a tripod and try shooting rats in the head from 20 yards from a standing position. those little bastards are hard to kill.

Anyone else enjoy shooting rats?
Heck, I'm just proud of you for doing it!👍
There's no telling how many 1000's of future vermin you are preventing!

We used to all get together and shoot bricks of .22 shells at them at the City Dump with target pistols. Used to be encouraged. Wonder how long since its even been allowed?

LOL..........Reminds me of my youth and my shooting buddy and I enjoying days at the local open pit dumps shooting rats and other assorted items and critters with the occasional rabid, feral, mangie dog (dangerous game). The smell of smoke, decay and various liquids were not the best, but the shooting was non-stop.

Here's one I shot years ago in my barn. He was quite healthy, however I refrained from cooking him up. It was quite a large rat.

Attachments

• Rat.jpg
    Rat.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 145
Grew up in a REALLY small town. Would walk down to the local grain elevator and they'd let me shoot pigeons with my pellet gun. Even let me do it inside the elevator by climbing the ladders and sitting up on top of the bins. Ohhhh, the good ole days. More and more rules as time passes. Kids are missing out nowadays. 😎

I looked through the first three pages and didn't see any rat posts! So I decided to post this one. I love shooting rats at night. In my opinion the ATN Xsight 4k pro scope isn't good for anything else except shooting critters at night time. If you want to challenge your marksmanship skills, get you a tripod and try shooting rats in the head from 20 yards from a standing position. those little bastards are hard to kill.

Anyone else enjoy shooting rats?
growing up my dad owned the land the county had there landfill on and he had a gravel pit there also.at age 7, I was given a 22 marlin and at 7 each morn I would ride in the dump truck over to the gravel pit and walk over to the dump and shot rats some days up to 30 then around 4:30 in the afternoon Dad would pick me up and we would head home for the night I did that till I was around 14 tears old it was my summer fun I also learned a lot about black bears there would be up to 14 some times on the dump they got very use to my 22 shots, after the first two weeks of summer and would stay right there

Game or quarry is any wild animal hunted for animal products (primarily meat), for recreation ("sporting"), or for trophies. The species of animals hunted as game varies in different parts of the world and by different local jurisdictions, though most are terrestrial mammals and birds.
1651076541070.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki

Game (hunting) - Wikipedia

Growing up we where not allowed to have a pellet gun( shotgun and 22 where ok). In high school I bought my own pellet gun and started shooting mice in our unfinished basement. After a week or two my mom found blood all over the walls and my gun. She took it away. The next morning she heard some shooting from the deck and a quiet but excited " I got one!" Boy was she mad! She stormed out to the deck and saw my dad in his boxers holding my pellet gun. He had a busted look on his face, and then he said it was my fault 🤦‍♂️ she didn't believe him of course. Good times.