are carbon fiber barrels the wave of the future?

So this is hear say from a savage rep.
They use savage barrels and turn them down and wrap them to keep the cost down. Proof wraps and chambers them with savage reamers. Just what I headed through the grapevine. Take it for what it is worth. I think that is BS.
No offence to all Savage owners out there, but doing it that way, beside the question if Proof would be so hard up for the extra work & foolish enough to sign up for such a lob-sided beneneficial contract, as you've just been describing; it would be yet another one of their typical fatal Savage mistakes! They just missed that one opportunity to upgrade their product from the bottom of the barrel to a higher-end one by installing someone elses and by far superior quality product! Anyone who's owning a borescope, who's in the regular habit of looking through it inside high-end custom brl's bores and has subsequently put it inside one of their horror-tubes, instantly knows what I'm talking about; that is if his/her heart can take the sudden shock and is able to tell the tale afterwards!

No offence to all Savage owners out there, but doing it that way, beside the question if Proof would be so hard up for the extra work & foolish enough to sign up for such a lob-sided beneneficial contract, as you've just been describing; it would be yet another one of their typical fatal Savage mistakes! They just missed that one opportunity to upgrade their product from the bottom of the barrel to a higher-end one by installing someone elses and by far superior quality product! Anyone who's owning a borescope, who's in the regular habit of looking through it inside high-end custom brl's bores and has subsequently put it inside one of their horror-tubes, instantly knows what I'm talking about; that is if his/her heart can take the sudden shock and is able to tell the tale afterwards!

But

I have NEVER had a savage that WOULD NOT SHOOT!!!

My brother has a 1950s era savage mad fed 30-30 that my dad shot his first elk with in 1955...

3 GENERATIONS LATER....

STILL PUTS 150 BALLISTIC TIPS AND 125 ballitic tips in sub moa @200 yards!!

Bet it has had 5000 rounds of remington 150 grain soft points and 180 wincheztee power points down the tube!

50+ elk 200+ deer over 65 years

Brass weighed 100+ lbs

Still has savage side mount and rings and the leupold 4x (m8?) As it was mounted in 1953????

My savage 7mm rem mag has at least 5000 rounds down the tube, turned back and rechambered 2 x, recrowned 3 x now has a used brake from the 80s...

80s era 7mm mag still shooting sub moa to 300yards with barnes 140s? And sierra game kings 165s???

The last NEW savage 300win MAG I loaded for (2018) I shot 220 Sierra with extreme spread of less than 10fps @2900 FPS WITH RETUMBO and I shot a personal best 2.5" 5 SHOT group at 600yds!!!

NOTHING I KNOW OF WITH A $900 LONG RANGE 300WIN MAG SHOOTING LIKE THAT!!! WITH A USED 15 YEAR OLD HORUS 4-16X50!!!!

TOTAL INVESTMENT INCLUDING COMPONETS AND LOAD DEVELOPMENT.....

$1400!!!!!!!

ESPECIALLY MARK 248 MOD 1 LOAD DUPLICATE!!!

NOTHING WRONG WITH SAVAGE!!!

Are Tikka's 40% less there than they cost in the USA? Or are Remington's 40% more in Australia than in the USA?

The Tikka's are the better factory rifle, By The Way. So you're not missing out on much.

Remington 700 Nountain rifle in 270 runs Aud$2100, Tikka T3X $1650

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.