AR500 targets I made to help quickly measure group size

Tyler Kemp

Hadn't seen anything like this...so I made em! AR500 waterjet cut targets with an inch grid etched into them VERY shallow. Looks like a standard plate through your scope, up close you can get an estimate of group size almost instantly. Prices are only $50 for a 10" gridded, and $60 for a 12" gridded...lower than any other plain waterjet cut plates I've found.

NImVcxZ.jpg

xSjQMTG.jpg

Also did some full size IPSC with scoring zones etched in:

xroqNtn.jpg

We order big sheets and make the files, code them etc. Plan on doing more complex designs, but would like to find out what people want so if you have any suggestions definitely let me know!

Plan on putting a square hole in targets and designing a mount for them to go on a post that will all fit in a flat rate.

Those are great! I'm wondering f if you could use some dark chalk and rub it across the plate and see the lines? Or use something else? lightbulb

I could do them in MRAD but that would really only apply at a set range. Without painting the lines I don't think you'd be able to see them very far.

Deer shaped target with vitals etched in, like what's on this cardboard target. Perhaps make it half size maybe?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 99
I'll shoot one this week and post pics of where the bullets impacted.

Is anyone interested in animal shaped targets? We could do a LRH group buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.