AR10 - trigger suggestions

SO92

I'm looking for a trigger replacement for DPMS AR10. This a 2007 model. The gun is accurate but the trigger is junk. This gun will be used for hunting and targets alike. Any mid level price recommendations? Geissele? Timney?

I'm not an AR expert so hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

I'm looking for a trigger replacement for DPMS AR10. This a 2007 model. The gun is accurate but the trigger is junk. This gun will be used for hunting and targets alike. Any mid level price recommendations? Geissele? Timney?

I'm not an AR expert so hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

I run the Larue MBT or Rock River Arms 2-Stage Match triggers in all 4 of my AR platforms. They can be had right around $100 regularly, and perhaps less if you find a deal. They are exceptional for the money, and just plain great regardless of price. I've compared them side by side with the Geissle SSA (1.5X the cost), and I can't tell a difference. They are not "target" triggers because they have ~4 lb breaks, but I'd never go below that for a "duty" AR.

I have 3 RRA, and 1 MBT, and all have ZERO creep, and very sharp and predictable breaks, with excellent tactile reset. No preference between them, and I'd buy whichever happens to be cheapest at the time.

Thank you for the input. I value quality components for sure but haven't spent the dollars on my gassers compared to my bolt rigs. I definitely need an upgrade and I'm guessing any of the above will fill my void. Thanks.

i have a geisele, ALG, PSA polished trigger, CMC, POF, rock river arms 2 stage and a timney. i like the drop in units personally, just for ease of installation. my CMC and my timney are probably my favorite. the timeny has a very clean break, probably 2-3 lbs. they're $200+ like the geiseles though.

Larue has a sale on their triggers right now. $87 i think and i've heard really stuff about them. i've got a larue scope mount and it's top notch so i dont think you'd go wrong with it.

there's tons of options around $100 and you wont go wrong with them. spikes and BCM both make a nice triggers that's around $60-$70 i think.

I've bought a few things from larue and they've never disappointed. Guessing triggers would be good as well.

Thanks again for the reply.

Check out joeboboutfitters.com and Primary Arms. They often have CMC or POF drop in triggers on sale $130ish and these are good triggers. I have a 2.5 lb CMC and four POF 3.5 lb triggers. The POF also comes with anti rotating pins. These triggers break like glass.

Ive got several Rock River National Match 2 stage triggers in both AR15's & AR10's....I know they are at 4-4.5#-ish area but they are solid and consistent ... found a couple of RR NM 2stage "varmint" trigger (3-3.5#) I later swapped out in my AR10's still solid and consistent. .... I got both types for under $90each .. I tried an ALG trigger ...smooth but still like 4#...I think of your wanting to go lighter timney, larue or giessele would get down there.... I just don't get run an AR below 3.5-4# so haven't went down another rabbit hole .....o_O

Larue MBT hands down. I just won a few more at a match if you want to try one out I can send a loaner. Previously had lots of G/AR-Gold triggers but they are all gone now in favor of the MBT. Not a huge fan of the single stage MBT because it's a little heavy but if it was lighter I'd have those all over my small platform ARs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts