AR10 scopes

tomm99

hey guys i just bought a ar10 mega arms rifle and i was looking for bit of help on what glass to put on top of it. main goal is hunting in west florida for deer and hogs so range is not to crazy just medium i would say. dont have a exact budget in mind but nuthing that a A1C airman could not aford. really apreciate the help!

im located down on eglin AFB if anyone knows anyplaces to get one down here or has one, thanks guys

I've got a vortex viper PST ffp on top of mine and it sure is nice. Wish I would have ponied up the money for it years ago. Went mrad and love the ebr-1 recticle and illumination for low light shots. I like that vortex thought to put an off between each illumination setting...so 1 click on... One more off. Makes it so that you don't have to dial through a bunch of brightness settings to get to the level you want. Just set it in the off position next to the level you want... And one click puts you there.

Dead nuts accurate dials... And great glass... Lifetime transferable warranty. Love mine. Now I just need a wand so I can wave it over all my Bushnell elites to turn them into vortex vipers!

Have to say I top all mine with Nikon. Couldn't be happier m223 scope base and you should be good to go. Vortex is also a good brand I just preferred the nikon

Go to the PX and order a nikon 308 rifle scope. I have the nikon 223 on my S&W MP15 and its awesome.

M-308 4-16x42 BDC 800 from Nikon

I got mine at the PX and they have had a 20% off sale forever! I dont know why but I got my 223 scope for 175!!

Vortex is a quality product and the 30mm tube is a good feature...but I don't know anything about MRAD.

I've got a NF 2.5-10x42 and it's the best optic I've ran on a large frame AR. Awesome size, easily gets you out to 1k. A 1.3" unimount/rings will clear the obj w/ lens covers and put you at a perfect height.

I've got a NF 2.5-10x42 and it's the best optic I've ran on a large frame AR. Awesome size, easily gets you out to 1k. A 1.3" unimount/rings will clear the obj w/ lens covers and put you at a perfect height.

+1 jon...NF optics are where it's at. The only issue is that it is literally 1 months pay for an airman! I'm a CPT and with the wifey I can't (aka not allowed to) afford one either! ;)

+1 jon...NF optics are where it's at. The only issue is that it is literally 1 months pay for an airman! I'm a CPT and with the wifey I can't (aka not allowed to) afford one either! ;)

Haha thats the exact problem i have with nightforce i wish i could get one just cant afford it

I run the NF 2-10 on my 6.8 LWRC but on my SP10 I run the Vortex 4-16x42 that Midway had specilly made for them and it has Vortex version of zero stop as well but do yourself a favor and buy a Warne Tactical one piece scope mount to house what ever optic you buy for your AR you won't be sorry!

The Burris XTR11 could quite possibly be the best value out there in terms of quality and clarity of glass, zero stop and other features. I have one on my bolt gun. It works flawlessly. (300 win mag) I am planning tp put one on my new Aero Precision .308 build.
Best of luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.