^^^^AR-15 Rifles are Slowly comeing back to Walmart^^^^

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigbuck, Feb 17, 2013.

1. bigbuck

bigbuck Well-Known Member

I have been looking at these online for a few weeks now and I decided to see what walmart sells them for in the .223 Cal. Seems like the Colt was only 1,100 dollars (NEW) . I thought I would post this because of the gouging that has been going on. I was in 2 different walmarts this weekend and talked to the salesman and he told me they received 3 Ar's friday morning but they didnt last long. The other store had recieved 3 last monday and they were bought up . They have more on order . Ammo was still skimpy with only 2 boxs of .223 . Hold off and you can get a new rife for a fair price. I am looking for the AR-10 .308.....

I asked the sales attendent how many times has someone offered you 50 bucks to drop a call and he smilled and said several. But he would get into trouble. I bet its going on at other locations tho.

2. tinman13kup

tinman13kup Well-Known Member

Those must be the 3 AR's that showed up on gunbroker friday afternoon for $1800:rolleyes:
    Now if someone can just get some reasonably priced magazines in stock

3. bigbuck

He actually told me that 3 guys have been coming by his store for nearly 2 weeks every morning to grab one but the day that they came in 3 other different guys stumbled across them . Bet those guys where discusted . I have been seeing them online for 1600 and up to 2500 even 3500 guys wanting to trade them for 4x4 four wheelers , trucks , jet skies. They think they are Gold :rolleyes:.
    If it does settle down some folks are going to be sick whn they have paid 2 maybe 3 times what a new one from wally world costs.

4. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

No, they aren't gold. GOLD is gold. Have some of that. Don't want the other.....

5. bigbuck

Guy I work with today told me that his local walmart stoppe selling Ars to a certain customer when they found out he was buying them up and taking them to his business and reselling for a rediculous price.

6. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

Capitalism at it's best.:)

Sort of like me and my 1700 buck AK. Supply and demand.

7. bigbuck

Did you sell or buy your AK for 1700 ? I have found them on the net for 400 600 700 and 1200. I have also found .223's for 1200 1400 and 1500 . Still for sale they havent moved yet . Guy at work has 2 DPMS .223's new in box for 1600 each. with one 30 round mag per rifle. I asked him today has he sold them and he said no. So what people are asking and what they are selling for is two different prices.