APS Stalker Hunter rifles

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
I get comments all the time that guys and some gals love my rifles but their just not really practical for the everyday hunter. Well, there was some truth to that back when my only receiver was the very long and heavy APS Raptor receiver. It is true it was more difficult to make lighter weight packing rifles using that receiver. While the Raptor is extremely strong, its not light. This was the main driving force in designing my Stalker receivers. Just like the Raptor receiver, i contacted Glen at Defiance Machine and told his crew what i wanted for specs on my new receiver and like the Raptor receivers, they came through impressively with my Stalker receivers. This receiver made a perfect option for my line of practical everyday hunting rifles.

C8A40E9E-76A8-4F05-BF76-EF81180F2D3C.jpeg

This example of my Stalker Hunter rifle uses a Bartlein #3 contour, fluted Stainless steel barrel with 27" finish length, Rem Hunter, pillar bedded stock from McMillan in their Enhanced Carbon technology to handle recoil of the chambering, jewell trigger and sunny hill internal mag box. Taking care of recoil is one of my small Painkiller muzzle brakes.

Bare rifle weight is 7.8 lbs. now that is no ultralight but when considering this rifle is chambered for my 300 Allen Xpress and drove the 215 gr berger to 3300 fps, that is a load of power in a very manageable rifle weight. The best thing is the PK brakes work better the lighter the rifles are and as such recoil is about like a 243 win sporter weight rifle.

D2157BE3-CB2D-4EBB-A015-2855964DFDEB.jpeg

This rifle has now become my standard APS Stalker Hunter platform. Similar to the rifle above but with the McMillan Game Hunter, HS Detachable mag system, 27" Bartlein fluted stainless barrel and small PK brake on the muzzle. This one in particular is chambered for my 7mm Allen Magnum and set up specifically to shoot the 195 gr berger which it comfortably drove to 3300 fps with surprisingly low recoil. This one also has the optional flat black cerakote coating to give it a very serious look. At 7.75 lbs this is a ballistic beast with very few peer in a VERY portable package. With a 300 yard zero the bullet never gets above 3" over line of sight and only 14 moa low at a full 1000 yard. Also retains 2350 fps and 2350 ft/lbs of energy at a full 1000 yards. Most impressive with a full value 10 mph wind, drift at 1000 yards is only 1.8 moa……. Many claim to have the best and baddest out there, the 7mm AM truly has very, VERY few peers in any catagory.

One of my newer releases is this TRUE lasers…..
AAE9BE4B-141E-4100-A976-7246F548A4BC.jpeg

Again one of my standard Stalker Hunter rifles but this one is chambered in my 26 Stalker. My Stalker line include the 25, 26 and 27 Stalker. They have replaced my old 257, 6.5mm and 270 Allen Magnum and do so with amazing performance and precision. Most of the 26 Stalker rifles i ship are designed to shoot the 140 to 156 gr heavies. This one however was ordered for SPEED and low weight. Bare rifle weight is right at 7.5 lbs with use of full carbon shelled Game Hunter stock. This customer had no interest in ranges past 800 yards, he just wanted speed and the 26 Stalker did not disappoint. We comfortably drive the 100 gr. TTSX bullet to a legit 4100 fps and the 127 gr LRX to an easy 3750 fps. Absolutely zero recoil with the 100 gr and not much more with the 127 gr and nearly instant impacts out to 1/2 mile. Time of flight is just amazingly short!! Making its past 1/2 mile are of course easier with the 140 and 156 gr bullets, especially if windy but if a true laser is wanted, this 26 Stalker is very hard to beat. The true beauty of the 26 Stalker is the option to have a 4100 fps screamer or drive the 156 gr berger out at +3400 fps in the same rifle!!

so to those that claim i make amazing but impractical rifles, here was a bit of an education on what my little shop offers. And i have not even started taking about my Carbon Stalkers or Stalker UL rifles which take performance to weight ratio to an even wilder level yet maintain my 1/2 moa at 800 yards accuracy standard proven before shipping to customers.

Kirby, are you able to elaborate on the stalker action? Some differences between the deviant hunter I'm assuming is the closest to the stalker?
Thanks

"Meant Kirby"

Last edited:
Shawn, are you able to elaborate on the stalker action? Some differences between the deviant hunter I'm assuming is the closest to the stalker?
Thanks
Who is Shawn? LOL
You are correct that Stalker receiver is based on the Defiance Deviant receiver. Mine have a special extra wide and deep bolt fluting. All of my Stalker receivers have the large diameter bolt and full length bolt lug for the flat face bolt head design. There are some other internal changes that put a bit more beef behind the bottom bolt lug for more support as this is the weakest point in the receiver. We did this with the Raptor receiver as well increasing the amount if steel between the bottom bolt lug support and the mag window. That change was adopted in the Rebel XL receiver. Same may be the case with the deviant.

You are correct that Stalker receiver is based on the Defiance Deviant receiver. Mine have a special extra wide and deep bolt fluting. All of my Stalker receivers have the large diameter bolt and full length bolt lug for the flat face bolt head design. There are some other internal changes that put a bit more beef behind the bottom bolt lug for more support as this is the weakest point in the receiver. We did this with the Raptor receiver as well increasing the amount if steel between the bottom bolt lug support and the mag window. That change was adopted in the Rebel XL receiver. Same may be the case with the deviant.
Thanks for the info. That's exacting what I was interested in. Updated post lol!

Last edited: