Apex afterburner a few impact resistance results

Just another great Texas day... I'll even have a shot of Blue Label to celebrate the beautiful day.

View attachment 403907
Is that the best you can do it would take me all day too stack the different bullets I've tried over the yrs , what others do you need I might send you some I've got a lot of left overs except Hammers I'm keeping those.

If everyone on this forum had too show their credentials for shooting 500 yds on this long range hunting forum you would be in the minority. So why don't you just start a survey and let's see what the distance most hunters take game .and if it's over 500 yds I'll eat my hat.
I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful in any way because I have been around a while on here and seen you post and Havnt ever had an issue with you at all so I don't want to start now. Just stating my opinion.

While I think most are on here to have a good time, good conversations and learn, which is perfectly fine, I think a ton of people on here do shoot 500 and beyond which is what the vision of this sight was meant to be about.

My kid is 13 and started hunting when he was 9. He hasn't killed an animal under 490 yards yet. He killed a cow elk with a 169 Gr Hammer Hunter. Not trying to brag, just giving an example.

I also have killed most of my animals 500 yards and over. I like hammer bullets and hope they do end up coming out with their higher BC bullet that they are looking at. I am also the type of person that doesn't have to be committed to one bullet and am trying out the 7mm 170 Gr cayugas in a 7mm-300 PRC that I am having built. I have read nothing that seems to make me think that Afterburner bullets would be bad either.

I just weed through all the talk and find the facts.

I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful in any way because I have been around a while on here and seen you post and Havnt ever had an issue with you at all so I don't want to start now. Just stating my opinion.

While I think most are on here to have a good time, good conversations and learn, which is perfectly fine, I think a ton of people on here do shoot 500 and beyond which is what the vision of this sight was meant to be about.

My kid is 13 and started hunting when he was 9. He hasn't killed an animal under 490 yards yet. He killed a cow elk with a 169 Gr Hammer Hunter. Not trying to brag, just giving an example.

I also have killed most of my animals 500 yards and over. I like hammer bullets and hope they do end up coming out with their higher BC bullet that they are looking at. I am also the type of person that doesn't have to be committed to one bullet and am trying out the 7mm 170 Gr cayugas in a 7mm-300 PRC that I am having built. I have read nothing that seems to make me think that Afterburner bullets would be bad either.

I just weed through all the talk and find the facts.
I will take my hat off too anyone that can proficiently shoot 500 yds and beyond as a matter of fact I'm currently setting up at my ranch too do just that . I think the more you learn too shoot at distance it makes you better at a shorter distance . I just think the majority of folks on this forum realistically shoot way under 500 yds . I keep hearing how this is a long range hunting forum and some seem too think there is no place here for hunters that have never shot game at longer ranges . I think this forum was meant for all that is interested in hunting at whatever range you are proficient at . I mean no offense too any one for there range of proficiency , cartridge or bullet of choice , we are all brothers here on this forum in one way or the other . I hope too contribute in a positive way.

Is that the best you can do it would take me all day too stack the different bullets I've tried over the yrs , what others do you need I might send you some I've got a lot of left overs except Hammers I'm keeping those.

Still have plenty left over from the days when I shot 10K rounds a year in competition and training, just showing variety for effect.....cheers.

In one of the leadeship schools I attended, the guest speaker left a lasting impression on me.... a mechanic's tool box is the epitome of no such thing as one tool for everything, every tool is designed for specific purpose....

Thankyou for the reply nothriverguide
It's a good one
I have called you out for the simple reason you are not one who stands by what he states so your word in my world is worthless
Yes you called me out on the 600 critters & you stated that you would apologise if it was proven otherwise
Well I guess that apology got lost in the mail or 🤷‍♂️The lat I believe

Thick skin yes I have , but to call anyone a liar & then they put up factual pictures like requested & explain in detail how it is possible & never get that persons word that they would apologise speaks the volumes of that person slinging out derogatory statements where to me it's the credibility speaks volumes like "well you know what I was wrong to accuse & apologise wholeheartedly" yes I've done that in my life , you have not showed this in this case & is this because I'm a so called hammer supporter or just agenda base I don't know but I also note this is a afterburner thread & I will use what I like & source what is needed to get the job done in the most efficient manner I can recommend for a fellow hunter & that was in this case the mth as hammer & afterburner don't stack up for their own reasons & really when Tyson goes on his trip he most likely won't require anything that we have found out to become a issue as the animal more than likely the critters he will take will be in the window of a afterburner or a hammer but you may be different which is fine but my recommendation is to cover as many bases as possible we may potentially cover in the field as I think we owe that to the critter as if it does show up & it will someday to someone as it's better to have a pill that is designed to handle it than one that is left wanting but I assume I will never be as good as you in so many ways so I guess that's the reason I do what I do as you so rightly told me I'm wrong to do what has been done before
It's that simple to me

The rest of your wish wash I've got no real need for & im not trying to force a apology out of you because I do believe you've already showed your hand & I wouldn't like a false statement
Yet if you take someone like petey308 for which him & I went pretty hard @ ea other yet always offered a apology if warranted or never called ea other a liar ( please Aaron I'm not asking you to come to my defence ) so that's the difference to me & I accept everyone is different but I don't like a person who dosent stand by his word & guess it's true you've never walked in my shoes so don't tell me my feet hurt on so many parts of life

I'm glad you are going to ignore me because I don't want to cross your path again let alone sharpen the tool once more

Sorry to the other members I hope you understand my position as getting called a liar does hurt & my hide isn't that thick so please accept my apology

Cheers to the nice people

Thankyou for the reply nothriverguide
It's a good one
I have called you out for the simple reason you are not one who stands by what he states so your word in my world is worthless
Yes you called me out on the 600 critters & you stated that you would apologise if it was proven otherwise
Well I guess that apology got lost in the mail or 🤷‍♂️The lat I believe

Thick skin yes I have , but to call anyone a liar & then they put up factual pictures like requested & explain in detail how it is possible & never get that persons word that they would apologise speaks the volumes of that person slinging out derogatory statements where to me it's the credibility speaks volumes like "well you know what I was wrong to accuse & apologise wholeheartedly" yes I've done that in my life , you have not showed this in this case & is this because I'm a so called hammer supporter or just agenda base I don't know but I also note this is a afterburner thread & I will use what I like & source what is needed to get the job done in the most efficient manner I can recommend for a fellow hunter & that was in this case the mth as hammer & afterburner don't stack up for their own reasons & really when Tyson goes on his trip he most likely won't require anything that we have found out to become a issue as the animal more than likely the critters he will take will be in the window of a afterburner or a hammer but you may be different which is fine but my recommendation is to cover as many bases as possible we may potentially cover in the field as I think we owe that to the critter as if it does show up & it will someday to someone as it's better to have a pill that is designed to handle it than one that is left wanting but I assume I will never be as good as you in so many ways so I guess that's the reason I do what I do as you so rightly told me I'm wrong to do what has been done before
It's that simple to me

The rest of your wish wash I've got no real need for & im not trying to force a apology out of you because I do believe you've already showed your hand & I wouldn't like a false statement
Yet if you take someone like petey308 for which him & I went pretty hard @ ea other yet always offered a apology if warranted or never called ea other a liar ( please Aaron I'm not asking you to come to my defence ) so that's the difference to me & I accept everyone is different but I don't like a person who dosent stand by his word & guess it's true you've never walked in my shoes so don't tell me my feet hurt on so many parts of life

I'm glad you are going to ignore me because I don't want to cross your path again let alone sharpen the tool once more

Sorry to the other members I hope you understand my position as getting called a liar does hurt & my hide isn't that thick so please accept my apology

I said if I was proven wrong I would apologize. I was never proven wrong so I haven't apologized. I never broke my word or went back. Your actions speak volumes especially how being questioned is only a problem when it's directed at you or the hammer crowd.

I think these best describe how I feel about north river guide
5609A616-30C3-48F0-AD59-54D5F1AB914C.jpeg

E3717775-8F3C-4DFC-AEE7-55C0C4C34CAA.jpeg

Thankyou mr walked in my shoes , your name wouldn't be Jared & no disrespect just trying to work out if I'm trying to justify myself to that level of sophistication 🤷‍♂️
I'm sorry I'm so dumb & not know how to prove what I have done with more certainty & just hoped my description / pictures of what I've done &or continue to do is helpful obviously it's not upto some standards
Which is cool & as you obviously know better I await your description of how everything should be done & that's one think I would want but not need

I will let others judge me who in my world are not keyboard warriors & say to all if you don't like what I do either question or look away but please don't call me a liar

I think these best describe how I feel about north river guide
View attachment 403986
View attachment 403984

Thankyou mr walked in my shoes , your name wouldn't be Jared & no disrespect just trying to work out if I'm trying to justify myself to that level of sophistication 🤷‍♂️
I'm sorry I'm so dumb & not know how to prove what I have done with more certainty & just hoped my description / pictures of what I've done &or continue to do is helpful obviously it's not upto some standards
Which is cool & as you obviously know better I await your description of how everything should be done & that's one think I would want but not need

I will let others judge me who in my world are not keyboard warriors & say to all if you don't like what I do either question or look away but please don't call me a liar

Man you sir are a drama queen for someone who claims thick skin. I never said anything about your intelligence. But that's your go to move try twisting stuff and even making up stuff. No my name isn't Jared and I don't know why it would matter. Yo don't want people to question you or as you say "call you a liar" then don't do it to others. You're the pot calling the kettle black. Quit making up stuff to cause drama and playing the victim. I questioned you killing that many animals and never got proof otherwise. All the rest of your rant you completely made up. I know I'm not the only one getting tired of the false accusations and drama from you guys.

New guy, let's himself in, stirs things up with 100+ posts in the first month - during the peak of hunting season - would be more like 200 if it weren't for all those lost when a thread gets nuked (again).

Hasn't had moose meat in years...

At first I felt a annoyed, but now I just feel disappointed.

So much information lost!

In all likelihood, this one will be gone in short order too.

Why am I even typing...?

tenor.gif