Anyone tried the XLR Atom chassis yet?

couesaddict

I ordered an aluminum folder the other day for my 18" heavy barreled 223ai to make a nice little truck gun out of it. Just wondering if anyone else has given one a shot yet? Got a pretty long wait by the sounds of it before I'll have it in hand.

I am also curious as I wonder how it would be for a kids chassis for my kids build.

Part of the reason I ordered one, aside from making a nice compact truck gun, was to have something adjustable for my daughter to start out on in a few years. Still wondering if anyone has gotten hands on one and has anything good or bad to say about it. It'll be quite some time before mine shows up still.

I have one I think it is a very good rifle stock but I am going to put a pistol brace on and have a .308 pistol for some fun.

I got one, ended up changing directions but put a couple barreled actions in it. Feels exactly like the element but with a shorter forend....don't know how else to explain it ha ha. Threw a 24"+brake, and a 20"+brake in it, and even the 20" seemed pretty long for the chassis! Here it is with the 20", a folder and an improvised stock I had.
20211227_152721.jpg

Ya, I agree, about a 16" tube would look better, though this is still functional, especially for kids. I believe, in the mg material, it only saves like 1.5 oz, so when I decided to go with a Bat Vampire and needed a different inlet anyway, I went with the standard element 4.0

Nice! I appreciate the replies. I went with the standard aluminum because the 18" barrel is a sendero contour and I didn't really see the need to spend the extra coin for a little lighter. Forend is a little shorter than I thought based off your pictures but I think it'll serve my purpose well enough with the 18" barrel.

I went with the standard Element 4.0 originally. Then I wanted the folding stock options for most of the chassis except for the two I use in F-Class.

There are several adapters available, folding or non-folding plus adjustable for length. The trick with the Pork Sword is the Picatinney attachment point in the rear. There are stocks and adapters which use the Picatinney but they are not common.

Here is one example:

1652455243025.png

I went with the standard Element 4.0 originally. Then I wanted the folding stock options for most of the chassis except for the two I use in F-Class.

There are several adapters available, folding or non-folding plus adjustable for length. The trick with the Pork Sword is the Picatinney attachment point in the rear. There are stocks and adapters which use the Picatinney but they are not common.

Here is one example:

View attachment 365469
Those adapters are pretty heavy-- they kinda defeat the lightweight purpose