Anyone tried the Sierra 115 yet?

Catahoula

Spoke with a Sierra tech yesterday about shooting the 115 MK out of my 270 Win. He said it would be fine. My 270 only has a 22 inch barrel so I will probably get about mid range velocities. Hope to use them on coyotes. The 100 MK out of my 25-06 is a great fur bullet.
Thanks, Kirk

That bullet was actually made for the 6.8 SPC, but there's no reason it wouldn't work in your 270 Win. I've run many thousands of these out of a 270 Redding (270-08), and they've usually shot pretty well. Probably a little light for deer, but should be awesome on varmints.

Yo leopard dog,

the Sierra 90 gr hollow point @ 3400 FPS was my go to bullet for varmints and yotes. Was great to about 420 yds when the itty bitty parachute opened.:rolleyes:

The great thing about them in my rifle was that their POI was exactly 1/2 MOA to the right of the POI for my 130gr Sierra load @ 3200. Great for changing seasons.

I would have gone with a 110 grain offering but in the field in all kinds of weird lava rock shooting positions the extra recoil caused some misses. That was decades before I learned this LR stuff though.

Good luck.

PS I may (or may not) be looking for a dog. I'm thinking of training one for a decoy dog.lightbulb:rolleyes:

Thanks for the response Guys.
Hey, Roy in Idaho,
Calling/decoy dogs are great. I will never be without a cur of some sort. Catahoulas and Blackmouths are very smart and loyal.
If you want to talk dogs and hunting, email me. Addy is: [email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.