Anyone hunting in the heat?

8B2A8FDF-466D-4FA0-9268-ED692134369A.jpeg
Well a week ago my son shoots a bear . Get home this evening 5 min after legal shooting light and there he is with a dandy buck . Rough score 120 I know not huge by no means but pretty good for his first bow kill . Beautiful 9 pointer. Was fairly warm this evening but got him quartered and caped . All in the fridge I'll get him cut up later this week

Always great to see our young'uns getting their first deer kills. Congrats!! Thanks for sharing that. Gets me a little more motivated. :cool:

View attachment 151488 Well a week ago my son shoots a bear . Get home this evening 5 min after legal shooting light and there he is with a dandy buck . Rough score 120 I know not huge by no means but pretty good for his first bow kill . Beautiful 9 pointer. Was fairly warm this evening but got him quartered and caped . All in the fridge I'll get him cut up later this week

Congrats to both of you. One nice looking buck and his smile, priceless!

My hunt is in 3 weeks and the way its going it's gonna be in the 90's or high 80's, wish I could wear shorts but the darn cactus dont cooperate, also will need to keep and eye out for ratlers.

He's legally tagged out for the season already but he's still practicing everyday out to 30 yards. Had me turn his bow up a little more today. He's an arrow slinging machine

D6AD72E7-A75E-4A50-9D70-943A21418CA8.jpeg

First day in the 60 degree temp-range since the season opened and I just couldn't pass this dude up. Not my best buck, but a wise man once told me, "When you've got your shot you'd better take it". Pressure is off now fellas! :D Guess the new .280AI will just have to settle for a doe this year. LOL!

View attachment 152455
First day in the 60 degree temp-range since the season opened and I just couldn't pass this dude up. Not my best buck, but a wise man once told me, "When you've got your shot you'd better take it". Pressure is off now fellas! :D Guess the new .280AI will just have to settle for a doe this year. LOL!

Nice buck Deputy, congrats!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts