Anyone hunting in the heat?

9F7D9D48-3B94-42B0-827D-FDA4684BF4CC.jpeg

After a week of 80-90F finally a morning in Missouri in the lower fifty's

Hey all! Wondering how many of you guys are "sweating it out" already this year? Temps here in Kentucky still hitting 90 degrees and our Crossbow season opened yesterday (9-21-2019) and runs till January 20th 2020. I almost went today but the 90 degrees showing on the thermometer kept me inside. Sitting on my back porch (in the shade with a cold drink :cool: ) watching one of my feeders as I type this actually. Maybe I need some internet hyena's to get after me and "motivate" me to get out there and start hunting already!! Got some decent bucks coming in fairly early to my feeder with clock-like regularity but no "whoppers" yet to speak of. Let's hear it, guys!
Well sir do not bother to retire in florida.Because we hunt in the heat year round.

I heard some scuttlebutt a couple weeks ago that someone shot a big 6 point bull up around here (Jackson WY) and lost all the meat before they could get it out and on ice.
The mornings were cool but it was getting up in the 80's midday.

Finished a backcountry muzzleloader elk hunt between 9500 and 11,500 ft elevation in Colorado. It was definitely the warmest we've seen in six years hunting that area. Normally see a couple of mosquitos here and there as most have been killed by hard frosts. This year the bugs were everywhere. Still a wonderful hunt and got a small 5x5 bull late in the week. Good luck to you all.

Hey, alright!!! Now the sweating really begins. Congrats to him!
Yep pretty proud of him on this adventure of " hunting with hounds"
The young man sold his dirt bike at his own discretion to buy his own bear hound. Long story short got ripped off by an ol boy in Maine took his money but no dog. My and the ol lady gave him the money back. He now has 5 hounds and one 6 month old that is coming on strong. I do buy the worm medicine but he buys almost all his own dog food, takes care of them ,and tries to run them at least 4 evenings a week if we let him. Deal is though his grades got to stay up and all chores have to be done. Not to much to ask in my opinion.

20190917_204940.jpg
20190917_205220.jpg
20190917_204940.jpg
20190917_205220.jpg

Yea bow season starts for us this Saturday morning and it will be in the 90's if y have skeeter net then tank top and shorts are good to set in blind or stand. I prefer stands as they have some air flow up there. Got these two on camera never used them till this year. My 8 year old wanted the first one till she seen the second one. Excited to sweat it out and get her on that buck. I just keep my clothes washed up and keep the cover sent handy.

20190917_205220.jpg
20190917_204940.jpg

Yea here in Arkansas its 90's and 70% humidity but that ain't keeping me and my lil 8 year old girl from going Saturday morning the first day of bow season. Just use cover sent and keep clothes washed and your doing the best u can. I prefer to use a stand cause it has a little more air flow than a blind. First time to use game cameras guess it's ok. If you have skeeter net shorts and a tank are the way to go

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.