Anyone familiar with LimbSaver Recoil Pads

Richard Owl Mirror

Hello everyone, I have medical conditions which may be inflamed by Recoil.
I was searching online and came across this product: https://www.limbsaver.com/store/home.php

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this product and would recommend I include it on the Savage 116 I am buying on Saturday?
They have a wide variety, from Nitro Recoil Pad for Powerful Safari Grade Calibers to one specific item which fits the Savage-Mod 10/110. I believe the 116 is very similar to the 110 so, I most likely would go with that.

Depending upon what you folks might recommend.
I really want to join my friends on their hunting trips but, I am still fearful that the recoil could do damage to my shoulder, as my bones are brittle (degen. bone disease throughout my body). i.e. recoil-sensitive individuals.

I know I should wait and see how the rifle feels but, I am concerned so I am searching for ALL remedies so nothing gets in my way in planning to hunt.

I appreciate any advice you can offer.

BTW, I also found: handguns for recoil-sensitive individuals at: Defensive Pistols: Low Recoil Options if you may know of someone who could use this info.

Your Savage already comes with a good sized recoil pad installed, and it comes with a brake. Since you're getting this rifle in the 270 Win caliber the recoil will probably be similar to a 243 Win. That's what my 80 pound 14 year old daughter shoots, so I would shoot it first before you decide to spend more money on swapping a recoil pad. The benefit you gain will likely be a very small amount especially for the money spent and hassle of installing it onto a plastic stock.

You'd probably be better off purchasing a PAST recoil pad to wear if you're really worried about the recoil.

Amazon.com: past recoil pad

Your Savage already comes with a good sized recoil pad installed, and it comes with a brake. Since you're getting this rifle in the 270 Win caliber the recoil will probably be similar to a 243 Win. That's what my 80 pound 14 year old daughter shoots, so I would shoot it first before you decide to spend more money on swapping a recoil pad. The benefit you gain will likely be a very small amount especially for the money spent and hassle of installing it onto a plastic stock.

You'd probably be better off purchasing a PAST recoil pad to wear if you're really worried about the recoil.

Amazon.com: past recoil pad

Thank you for the advice !

I agree get the past magnum pad. My uncle bought me one after shoulder surgery, worked amazingly well. Also if your rifle doest have a brake get one. My rifles also wear limbsaver pads. Hope it works for you

I have used the slip-on recoil pad and it makes recoil from heavy magnums like the 300 RUM tolerable. It doesn't eliminate it.

If recoil is going to be an issue I strongly recommend a good brake. Even if you have a good recoil pad, you can still get your teeth rocked if your rifle is not properly shouldered.

Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.