Anybody tried using "poured" bedding pillers

James Jones

Anybody tried using \"poured\" bedding pillers

I was thinking the other day about getting alot bigger front bedding piller for my Rem 700 ADL and the thought about using a poured in place bedding piller came to mind. I know they have been done before but was wondering if anybody here had any first hand dealing with this setup.
I have made a 1.25" SS cap thats gonna be inletted into the stock that will cover the bedding and counter sunk for the screw.

Anybody out their make their own bedding pillers contured to fit the Rem 700 action?
I'm planning to buy a 1.375" 6 flute carbide mill and have it cut down to 1.355" so I can make my pillers from SS or Titanium.

Re: Anybody tried using \"poured\" bedding pillers

Clay Spencer uses poured bedding pillars. He does not use a cap. The purpose of the poured pillar is to get a perfect fit. If you use a metal cap you defeat the purpose. This is his theory so if you have a different opinion that is fine with me. The gun shoots great, so I am a believer.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.