Anybody ever use trigger shoes?

James Jones

I was wondering if any of you guys ever use the clamp on trigger shoes that make the foot print for the finger contact larger ,I have an old ACE steel one on a Sako and I like it alot ,I've also tried a couple of the aluminum Tyler's units from Lock,Stock and barrel and they weren't made to well and broke when the set screws were tightened

well I just wondered if any of you fellas ever use them or know where to find any of the steel ones?

I had one on my Feinwerkbau air rifle, and the Kimber 82 I shot 3 position matches with...

Interesting subject. I have also used an air pistol with a trigger shoe while taking an NRA instructors course. It was very comfortable but I noticed that I kept having to move my finger around to find that same place on the trigger that felt right. I have since thinned and smoothed the trigger face on several guns and found that I actually preffer a thinner trigger when the trigger pull is light and crisp. In fact I have often thought that when I build that dream .280 AI I will have the trigger face thinned to 1/8" wide or less and flattened to have the slightest curve possible without looking absolutely flat.

I have a nice wide steel one that my father had on his rifle back in the 50s. I've used in on every rifle that it would fit.

I'll give it a go on the original action (REM 721) for which it was purchased long ago which will be back from Kirby in 270 AM one of these first days.

I think I'll call it "Back to the Future"......

And no I don'k know where new steel ones may be purchased. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.