Anybody running a suppressor?

If I get one it will be used exclusively on supersonic magnum bolt rifles. Lots of long range shooting and general hunting use , any advice?
I've been doing business with these guys now for close to a decade.

https://www.macsgunworks.com/suppressors

I've got a couple of these on the way right now to run on my 7mm STW's, 300wm's, Rum's, and .375's.

Great products, great people to deal with and you can't touch anything as well made in their class for anything close to what Chuck is producing them for.

I've got a couple of suppressed armament cans and love them. The first one is the 30 cal arbiter and the other one is a 223 sentinel. Guys at the range always say how quiet they are so they must be doing the job.

Ive had a Silencerco Harvester for a few months, and hunted with it this season. It's designed as a hunting can, 11 oz and less than 9". I'm very happy with it.

My brother and I are using suppressors on everything from 17 hmr to 7mm rem mag.
pros: no longer need ear protection, running full power loads in my 270win I can watch bullet impact as close as 200 yards - beats a muzzle brake in my book, calling coyotes they increase the chance to get doubles and triples when they come in together. cons; the long wait to get one, getting your rifle in and out of a vehicle with it attached. I don't remember the last time I shot one of my rifles that hasn't been threaded for a suppressor. Now that I have them I wonder why it took me so long to get one, wish I would have gotten them years earlier

WildRose that is the main reason I bought one. Hoping it might give you a few seconds more on a second shot. Good to hear it works and a great reason to buy one. One other thing is to be cautious about when buying. It takes 14 months. My dealer went out of business. I felt lucky he followed through with our deal after being closed for six weeks. Make sure your dealer is solid.

WildRose that is the main reason I bought one. Hoping it might give you a few seconds more on a second shot. Good to hear it works and a great reason to buy one. One other thing is to be cautious about when buying. It takes 14 months. My dealer went out of business. I felt lucky he followed through with our deal after being closed for six weeks. Make sure your dealer is solid.
He is a long time friend and customer over at Windthorst/Archer. No worries. Dealers generally just transfer whatever they are holding over to other dealers in the area in the event of a failure, death of the owner etc, it's pretty common.

I bought a Silencerco Hybrid. I think they call it a Hybrid 46 now. I love the fact that after the wait and the cost, I can screw it onto .223 through .458 (45-70 brush gun or 450 bushmaster hunting AR) and can handle everything up through 338 Lapua. I also have the anchor brake attachment for it and it reduces recoil as much as any brake I have owned. I would definitely recommend it. I agree with previous post, once you have one, you won't want to shoot without one. I find myself seeking separation between myself and others with suppressors and those that don't have them. It is a much more pleasant shooting experience. I can also say that it is a huge enhancement to the shooting experience for youth.

I have a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 30 cal and use it on my .300 and 6.5. Took FOREVER to get, 14 months as well. That part was ridiculous. I will say it is a pleasure to shoot however. I run proof barrels on my rifle and was amazed at what little affect it had on my POI. I adjusted my scope 1/4 MOA and it brought it right back to zero. Really for me the only con was the incredibly long wait, and they aren't exactly cost effective. Other than that, I don't see me shooting without a suppressor.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to contact a dealer Monday. I'm leaning towards Silencer Shop , anyone else I should consider?

I've purchased cans from silencer shop and will be using them again. No problems using their one shot gun trust (still waiting on one can). Looks like your shortest wait would be to purchase it as an individual rather than a gun trust.

I'm using 7" Thunderbeast Ultra's in 30 and 6.5, and they are awesome.

Yup, have them and use them exclusively now. I only have a couple guns that aren't threaded now, and it because they're O/U shotguns. If I could suppress them, I would. I use the Silencerco Omega on all my high powered rifles and AR's. It's the best for the length and weight.

The reason for the current wait time stems from the trust law changing in July last year. Silencershop was shipping truck loads of Form 4's ever other day because of the rush to get in under the old law. The ATF is still working on those forms. I just bought another can, the Hybrid 46, and chose to do it as an individual, because the wait time is far shorter right now and it's way easier on the paperwork. Silencershop has the kiosk at dealers that makes the purchase a breeze.

Don't wait, the longer you wait the longer the wait will be. Buy one and don't look back, you won't regret it.

Since I got my suppressors I use them all the time and wish I gotten them sooner! I run my .22 LR , .17 HMR, .223 AR and bolt guns as well as all of my other guns suppressed except my .375 H&H. An interesting note, my buddy got his and noticed the POI changed 3.5 inches low at 100 yards and was very disappointed at the "lose of velocity!" with the can until I explained the barrel harmonics not the velocity changed.
I actually get about a 50 FPS increase when running suppressed.Go for it! You will also be more popular at the range!

I see an average of 25-50fps increase on most of my rifles suppressed. I think it adds to the accuracy both from harmonic dampening and reduced recoil. I bought the Hybrid 46 for the full purpose of being able to throw it onto a 375HH, 375 ruger, 46-70, 454, 338 RUM and so on. I'm really excited for when that one clears the ATF

Velocity loss or gain? If you take a 24" barrel shooting 3000 fps and cut it down to 18" then add a 7" suppressor what's the final fps?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.