Anybody Hunting Gillette/Buffalo/Kaycee area Oct 12-16?

sambo3006

I'm going to buy a left over buck and doe tag for either unit 17, 22 or 23 and was wondering if anybody is going to be hunting any of those areas Sunday Oct 12 through Thursday Oct 16? I'd like to meet up with somebody to do a little hunting and hopefully get a little video. I'm planning on hunting public with a GPS landowner chip but if anybody has access to a ranch for a trespass fee I'd also be interested. I'm definitely not looking to be guided or horn in on somebody's honey hole, I'd just enjoy the chance to meet a fellow LRH'er. I'll be coming out by myself and will be camping in my SUV. I've killed a few goats in the past on both private and public left over tags.

Dad and I are planning to be in that area from October 11 to 13 or 14, going after doe if possible. We then move on to Lander to mule deer hunt. I have not yet called the Gillette area Fish & Game office for a list of ranches that ofer hunting for trespass fees. I have heard that if going doe only they don't charge much, or none at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts