Any prairie dog hunting in Oct near Casper?

Bulseyetom

I will be hunting antelope south of Casper in October and will probably have a few days to kill waiting for my hunting partners to arrive. I haven't seen any prairie dogs the last two years hunting on public ground in Area 69 but was wondering if there was someplace to go nearby? Being an old history buff of the west, I know for sure I will spend one day at the museums in Casper. It always seems to me that if those old pioneers knew how much desolate country they still had to traverse before they got to the "Promised Land" they would have turned around right there! I didn't draw a deer tag this year so decided to forego sleeping in the wall tent and will be getting a room in Casper. Any other "must see" places I should take in? Thanks, and am looking forward to hunting in Wyoming again. Of all the western states that I have hunted, the Wyoming Fish and Game Dept has been the most helpful and knowledgeable of all. Tom gun)

East of Casper is where you'll find the most prarie dogs, or used to anyway.

Hat Six rd then south, mostly private land though. Permission may be tough with big game season on?? There also used to be quite a few further east toward Glenrock, but same situation.

I never found many prarie dogs on public land near Casper.
progress.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.