Anybody else play?

imartin

Been playing since I was 16. Never was serious enough to put in the time needed for it to be more than a hobby. Despite my reservations about not being good enough, one of my favorite players once mentioned that music is meant to be shared, not kept to yourself (or something along those lines). So...here is a tasty riff for pay day.

Hope it makes your day a little brighter. Would like getting to know some of you other guys who share my addictions of hunting and guitar. If you are a fan of guitars you can probably figure out who inspired me to pick up a fiddle in the first place.🤘

Sounds great! We have Tush, Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers and a few other ZZs in our list and I have the riff in Francine down, so that's next.
In a family of six I was the last and only one that was not formally trained in music. I started a bit late at 18 but been playing ever since.
You are exactly right about music... it's like love itself that must be shared. Also, in my opinion, God is in absolutely everything so music, hunting and everything else we do is tied together in that way. Keep up the tasty riffing! cheers, mike

Sounds great! We have Tush, Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers and a few other ZZs in our list and I have the riff in Francine down, so that's next.
In a family of six I was the last and only one that was not formally trained in music. I started a bit late at 18 but been playing ever since.
You are exactly right about music... it's like love itself that must be shared. Also, in my opinion, God is in absolutely everything so music, hunting and everything else we do is tied together in that way. Keep up the tasty riffing! cheers, mike
Preaching, brother. Amen to that.

BTW, I'm guessing Billy Gibbons! If I had to pick two ZZ albums it'd be Tres Hombres and Deguello but Fandango is a close one in there.
I thought I'd edit this to show my, shall we say, enthusiasm vs addiction, for guns and guitars:

GUITARS / GUNS
Fender AmStd Strat w/ active mid boost / '50 Rem722 in 257rbts
Gibson Les Paul gold top / Marlin336cs in 35rem
Fender Tele w/ H-H pickups / Ruger American in 450 Bushmaster and 7mm-08
Schecter CSH-1 (probably 1 of 10 made in this color) / Win 70 ultimate shadow hunter in 325wsm
Schecter C1 Classic / Win shadow hunter in 7mm wsm
Fender Am special Strat / CVA single shot 44mag
Seagull C6 cutaway / Tikka T3 Lite in 270, .308, 270wsm, 300wsm, 338wm
Yamaha APX700 in 6 and 12 string
Rogue brass body resonator
Fender P bass special

Ok, so I'm addicted.
I did not add assorted handguns and stringed instruments or my wife's guns.
Of my amps, the one to note is a '68 Fender Vibro Champ. Listen to the very first guitar notes from the first song on the album "Layla" and you will hear that amp with a strat, exactly.

I am pretty sure there are lists of others that will put my modest collection to shame!

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I'm guessing Billy Gibbons! If I had to pick two ZZ albums it'd be Tres Hombres and Deguello but Fandango is a close one in there.
Good guess! He was Jimi's favorite player, but my appreciation for Billy's playing didn't develop until later. Previously my exposure to ZZ top were songs off eliminator, it wasn't until I discovered Tres Hombres that I became a fan. Jesus just left Chicago is a favorite. If you want another guess, the main clue is my guitar, which narrows the field down a bit. If I was playing a '59 Les Paul, it would be near impossible.

Good Morning, Friday. To the man whose tone, riffs, and showmanship duck walked right into my heart:
81f31c37c600d9d1cd0e82f7070ac955.jpg

Have a lot to work on but at least I've got the guitar and shorts. May your weekend be filled with many 🤘, ⚡, and 🦃 (tis the season).

You threw us for a loop in your earlier post, when you wrote "59 Les Paul." You were right though, nobody else plays a SG!

You threw us for a loop in your earlier post, when you wrote "59 Les Paul." You were right though, nobody else plays a SG!
Yeah, should have clarified my comment there. My intention was to point out that had I been playing a LP it would have been dumb "clue" but the SG narrows the field down a bit. Tony Iommi and Gary Rosington are two other SG players that played a big part in shaping what music I learned to play and the guitars I long(ed) for.