Anybody draw for Utah?

I may be a little late on this thread but I drew LE early rifle San Juan I had 16 bonus points (all of them ) and I figued a total of 25 years of putting in for Utah as a resident and finally got it .I think there were olny about 100 of us left with full points I have hunted this unit with friends that had tags and had good success, but I am willing for any input on the area
ps sambo your right about lefty's

Did not get to apply for a bull this year, but just found out that I got drawn again for cow in November. What ever it takes to get a chance to go to Utah.

Good luck on a fun hunt. I have never hunted that far north. Is that considered the desert? I usually cow hunt around Tidwell. I shot my bull on the west side of Milgard Mtn.

I think you mean Hilgard Mtn. I bowhunted that area for deer for 4 years. I had a beautiful 340 class 6x6 bull ten steps from me for over a minute and saw a huge 5x5, he had to have gone 300+. When I first saw the frame I assumed he was a 6x6.

I think you mean Hilgard Mtn. I bowhunted that area for deer for 4 years. I had a beautiful 340 class 6x6 bull ten steps from me for over a minute and saw a huge 5x5, he had to have gone 300+. When I first saw the frame I assumed he was a 6x6.
Good eye. I knew it was Hilgard, just spelled it wrong. I saw a lot of 300+ bulls. I could have shot atleast 5 different bulls each day I was there. Had one 5x5 within 10yrds of us. I was holding out for a bigger one. I would have taken a smaller one if needed to at the end of the season. I am very happy with the one I shot. My dad used to rifle hunt deer in that area when I was younger. How did you do with archery? See a lot of good bucks in November during the rut.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.