Utah Draw-only Youth Any Bull/Hunter's Choice Elk

Rabbitslayer78

Hello all,
My daughter drew this Utah bull tag. Hoping there is some of you out there that has spent some time in the Utah woods or possibly had a youth that previously had the tag. Just looking for info or your experience or maybe a heading to help my little girl kill her first Bull Elk during the rut.
Thanks.

Hello all,
My daughter drew this Utah bull tag. Hoping there is some of you out there that has spent some time in the Utah woods or possibly had a youth that previously had the tag. Just looking for info or your experience or maybe a heading to help my little girl kill her first Bull Elk during the rut.
Thanks.
Hello, my daughter drew the the same tag as your daughter . I live in Utah and I'm currently planning where I'll hunt this year. Has anyone responded to you yet regarding areas?

Not to many responses on here. I've been doing a ton of E-scouting so far. I'll probably call the game biologists soon. Sounds like a few guys on some of the forums like to help the kids narrow down some areas. I've never hunted Utah, got the 18 points to prove it. However I'm going to do whatever it takes to make her first Hunt for a Bull to be amazing if I can.

Absolutely! I've hunted Utah my entire life, however, never really got into elk. I always see them when I'm hiking around for deer. I have taken a few cow elk during the archery hunt but that area is not within this tag's boundaries, however the area I hunt deer is. I'm going to stop by the DWR office next week and talk with the guys. I also have a contact that I will call and see what info I can get. Like you, I want her to at least get a shot and I'll do my best to make it happen.

Nice! I'll be up there for 2 weeks mid August. My daughter also drew that tag for archery deer. South Slope is an amazing area. We kill nice deer there every year.