Any pet .260 loads out their

Robroy

Hi Guys, Just bought a .260 Rem CDL LTD Edition and I need some loads for target, deer and larger game. Any advice on this caliber would be appreciated.

Cheers :D

You might start with 38.5 of RL-15 behind a 120 gr Ballistic Tip and work your charge up. I ended up at 3010 fps. Only shot coyotes with it, but it makes them DRT.

38.2 gr of Varget behind a Nosler 120 BT with CCI BR2 and work up from there. This load has been consistent in my Sako 75 SS .260.

My Remington Model 7 Custom MS likes 44.5 grs. of IMR 4350 and a 125 GR. Nosler Partition that I use for whitetails. Don't know the velocity in my 20" barrel but it sure shoots well.

Thanks for the info guys, I have IMR 4350, H380, & IMR 4964. I will try out the various loads recommended.

Cheers

I am working up loads for my Model 7 with a Hart barrel in 260 Rem.. I am getting very good results with a couple of different loads. For large deer I am loading 130 Nosler Accubonds with RL-19 powder. Another load that is shooting quite well in my gun consists of 120 Nosler BT and Hunter powder. I am using the Nosler #6 Manual as my guide. Both loads are listed in the manual and the powder chosen is shown as the most accurate powder for the bullet. The velocity of the 130 Accubonds is just over 2800 ft/sec and the 120 BT are moving at 2950 ft/sec. Also both loads are below the the max listed, 47 grains for RL-19 and 130 Accubond, and 48 grains for Hunter and 120 Bt.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.