Any input on the Huskemaw 5 x 20 Blue Diamond

WesCo

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I talked to Len yesterday and decided to try one. I have been using NF NXS and ATAC-R on latest guns but went with a Huskemaw to try it...if nothing else. It's going on 30-378 with Near mounts and rings. I also took the plunge and have the G7 BR2 coming as well. Really anxious to see how it all performs. This will also determine what will be topping the 26 Nosler as well. Thanks for any input.

gun)

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I talked to Len yesterday and decided to try one. I have been using NF NXS and ATAC-R on latest guns but went with a Huskemaw to try it...if nothing else. It's going on 30-378 with Near mounts and rings. I also took the plunge and have the G7 BR2 coming as well. Really anxious to see how it all performs. This will also determine what will be topping the 26 Nosler as well. Thanks for any input.

gun)
I have one on my Tikka t3 superlite in 7mm. This scope has really impressed me..
Clicks are positive and repeatably accurate. Once I established a load, I was able to produce <6" groups....

... At 1000 yards.

Optics clear, about on par with my Leopold vx3's. Personally, I really like the reticle. Lines are the perfect width and offer 8 moa for windage. With this scope anything under 700 yards makes for an easy shot.

I'm selling the remaining vx3's for Huskemaws.

Here's a video I made showing a 3 shot session at 1000 yards. For reference, the steel target is 15"x15".

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=smbE6A2Z0kI[/ame]

I have owned two, both on LR 6.5-284 rigs. After 4 seasons, of hard use and a couple of dozen deer and antelope taken out to 1000 yards, I consider them equal to my NXS and Mk4 scopes and in some aspects, better. I like the size and weight having less bulk than the NF. As previously stated, the reticle is perfectly weighted, and the turret reproducibility exact. Glass is equal to the NF and better thn the Mk4. The parallax dial has yardages that are both focused, and on the distance which saves time. Like the OP, I originally thought I would just give one a try and ended up buying another for my serious LR hunting. IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.