Any Experience with 7mm 168 ABLR?

Yep, use them exclusively in my 7STW, finicky on seating depth, but once dialled they are superbly accurate and work extremely well beyond 600… Only used them on big bodied Sambar stags and most were pass through's with only one recovered.
I would prefer to seat them out a little further, but the STW is restrictive on mag length. I tried longer seating and single shot feeding, but my issue was that you couldn't eject a loaded round, oh well…

Cheers.

I haven't used the 168's on elk, but the 175's do just fine from a 7mm. I would expect good results from that bullet. I've used the 168's on deer near and extended range with good results.

Not an elk... But, I shot two 200+ pound hogs this past week with 168 ABLR in 280 AI . One at 445 yards square in the shoulder pad but did not exit the other side.
The next at 470 yards that I put right behind the shoulder and exited the other side.
Shot a 300+ last year with a quartering in neck shot and the bullet never exited but the hog bounced without a kick.

Those heavy wild hogs will test bullet toughness.

I am satisfied with the results so far.

Last edited:
I've shot three elk with the 168 ABLR from my .284 Win. All went through (didn't hit bone though) and didn't recover any bullet or fragments but did their job well. Impacts were at around 2500 fps. They group nicely for me too (8 twist at 2850 fps).

Last edited:
7RUM..168LRAB at about 3000fps...
About 300yds....
Elk collapsed....took a while to get to it....unfortunately it didn't fall over to drain the blood....fell upright against big sage bush in snow.....
Definitely see the bullets hydrostatic in the blood soaked area...in behind shoulder bone..didn't exit..
577.jpeg576.jpeg

7RUM..168LRAB at about 3000fps...
About 300yds....
Elk collapsed....took a while to get to it....unfortunately it didn't fall over to drain the blood....fell upright against big sage bush in snow.....
Definitely see the bullets hydrostatic in the blood soaked area...in behind shoulder bone..didn't exit..
View attachment 528599View attachment 528600
Boy, that definately did it's job but holy cow!?