Any Experience With Zastava M808

TheMoose

I'm going thru a process of reviewing rifles for my entry into longer range shooting/hunting and am trying to find someone who has firsthand experience with Zastava M808 rifles... they appear to be similar to CZ 550 Ultimate hunter rifles without the polish and for a lot less money. I am looking to go with a .300 Win Mag. I am looking specifically at Zastava as I have owned a couple of CZ rimfire rifles built by them and I'm very impressed with the quality.. also considering Zastava M70, Savage 111, various Rem M700's.

Any experiences you can share will be greatly appreciated.

TheMoose

Lots of reply's here… I have one in recently purchased and am sending it to factory gunsmith for some work. The safety won't function correctly and there is an issue with either the rifle or my optic. At 50 yards it's 8 inches to the left and my optic is all out of windage adjustment. The optic is a vortex viper. So far the Zastava people have been great to work with. I'll reply to this once the rifle is fixed or not.

Lots of reply's here… I have one in recently purchased and am sending it to factory gunsmith for some work. The safety won't function correctly and there is an issue with either the rifle or my optic. At 50 yards it's 8 inches to the left and my optic is all out of windage adjustment. The optic is a vortex viper. So far the Zastava people have been great to work with. I'll reply to this once the rifle is fixed or not.
You sent it here in the US to be fixed? How that worked out? Any experience with the rifle?

Well-

They repaired the rifle once. They had to recrown the barrel. The safety issue was also repaired. But then the gun suffered some serious damage when a friend left it laying on his truck's tool box and it hit the pavement at high way speeds. The rifle is at the shop now and has been for a while. The shop did decent work. The shop I sent it to was a Zastava shop near Chicago illinois. I got the info from the Zastava website. They seem very friendly and didn't charge me anything the first time around.

I believe I emailed the customer support tab on their website. They gave me the shop and shipping info from there.

Well-

They repaired the rifle once. They had to recrown the barrel. The safety issue was also repaired. But then the gun suffered some serious damage when a friend left it laying on his truck's tool box and it hit the pavement at high way speeds. The rifle is at the shop now and has been for a while. The shop did decent work. The shop I sent it to was a Zastava shop near Chicago illinois. I got the info from the Zastava website. They seem very friendly and didn't charge me anything the first time around.
Yeah Zastava has excellent customer service! Do you have any experience with shooting it? I just got mine today in .270 so l was wondering about accuracy. They were supposed to be very accurate. I was born in Serbia, where they make them so it got sentimental value for me. Also have Zastava AK, real tank, super robust and battle proven rifle.

I have shot it. Never really dug in to real load development. It would shout about 1.5 inches at 100 yards with the factory 150gr ammo. I'm sure it could do better. The rifle has a lot of nice features.