another tight edge group!

6.5x300

I must say shooting tight groups is easier with a great scope! Got to shoot my edge over the weekend with a new Sightron SIII 6-24x50 with new MOA2 retical. I must say I'm impressed with the scope. Only fired 4 rounds and the resulting group was one of my best.

Target was a left over at the range that I covered existing holes with the bar codes you see. First shot was high right and following group was the result after adjustments to scope. Point of aim was top point of diamond, right where bullet landed. Distance was only 100 yrds but WOW it was so much easier to shoot with the new scope vs. a Wotac at only 14 power.

Love the new Sightron!!!! Think I'll sell of the wotacs and get another SIII :)

Good shooting

BT

p.s. I moved the final adjustment to the scope 1/4 left :) maybe need 1/4 up too?

P1060168-1.jpg

P1060168-2.jpg

P1060177-2.jpg

I'm trying to get from the Wotac to the same Sightron, it's treated me good but I need to step up my optics.
How do the reticules compare between the two?

Thanks Brian, the scope is very good, I may go so far as to say awesome! As soon as I can I'll be picking another one up from you.

As far as the compare....... well........I have a Gen 3 and Gen 4 wotac and even though I don't consider myself capible to compare the glass between these scopes, as they are both very good, the quality of the turrets on the SIII blows the Wotac out of the water.

Being able to get 24X vs. only 14 of the Wotac was an incredible difference in the ablity to shoot smaller groups. As far as the reticals.... both are very good but the suspended dot of the new SIII is....... AWESOME! Only speaking of limited shooting here but when I remember the sight picture while shooting that group all I remember is focusing on a very small .25 moa dot! It drew my eye in where it needed to be.

The focus of the SIII in both parellex and the eye piece was outstanding. I never seemed to achieve, or so clearly see and understand these two features at work untill I looked threw the SIII.

The Wotac searved me well too, in a time when the funds did not allow me to purchase a more expensive scope. I was able to shoot several fantastic groups with the two Wotacs I have. That being said the group pictured above is in fact the first group I have shot that looks to be less then .2 and I credit it largly to the higher power of the SIII.

The New SIII is a great scope IMOP. A little more then twice the cost of a new Wotac and half the cost of a NF. With the money I saved vs. the NF, I got me a very good Zeiss range finder but that is a whole different story.

Now it is time to stretch the legs of the edge a bit and see if the longer range will inprove too.

Good shooting!

BT

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.