Another Range Finder Question???

But it isn't angle only on the Leica 1600b, it is angle&barometric pressure& temp adjusted and even that is based on one of the pre-set ballistic curves. Now I am not knocking the Leica system but for the 3rd time the OP asked for one that does NOT include anything except "angle-only" adjusted yardage.

If anyone knows how to do angle only on the Leica 1600b please list the instructions.

I believe Bkondeff is referring to the 1600B apparently adding in temp and pressure to modify the EHR calculation. I was unaware it did this but found it when digging deeper. If you're shooting 1000 yards that may work but for an archery guy it's bad news. Since the 1600B EHR doesn't function under 100 yards it's a moot point for archers.

Allan, Looking back at your angle cuts on another post, it appears the 1600B is doing something because the cosine of 25 degrees at 325 yards would result in a shot at 294.5 yards rather than the Leica at 289. For a rifle, that may be the preferred method however.

Your post I referenced ( http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/leica-1600-lrf-actual-use-93312/index3.html )

Bkondeff, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't seen that in the manual till I read a little closer. I was typing while you posted..

In my experience the Vortex, Nikon, or leupold will be limited to 650-700 yards in many realistic hunting conditions and even less in certain extremes like flat bright yellow prairies, or even worse in a burn. Last year my cow elk was at 400 yards, uphill ~10deg, in a burn and I could not get a reading. So, if you need more range get the Leica.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.