Another encore question for Ian M.

timl

I was wondering what cleaning procedure you use in between shots. I've read several techniques, including licking a patch to clean between shots. Just read about the nikon omega scope--do the aiming points work with 3 777 pellets and a 250gr shockwave?

I just instructed seminars on the Omega, we shot three T/C's and a Disc rifle out to 250 yards with excellent accuracy. Secret is to use a consistent loading procedure, which includes swabbing between shots. We used one patch moistened with T/C #13 solvent, then a dry patch, then loaded and fired, the one moist patch etc. Moist is barely moist to the touch.
The Omega works nicely with 3/777 and the 250, ,but fact is it will work with any load if you follow the instructions.
Good luck with your shooting.

The procedure that Ian described work great in the three Encores that my dad , brother-in-law and myself all shoot SS Encore 50x209's
shoot one shot swab with a damp patch of #13 then one dry one and load again.
All three of Our guns shoot most accuratly with 2 50gr and one 30 gr pellets with the 250gr Shock Waves.
I did do some tinkering with the loose 777 and worked up to 180grs under a 250gr bullet and the accuracy was the same as the 150gr load od 777pellets but their was substancial fouling and a bit more funk in the frame.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.