Encore question

jhoyt

Howdy all,
I'm new to this forum and have a question. Thought I would ask the experts and from what I have seen here, I have come to the right place.
I have a TC Encore rifle that I would like to fit with a 308 Bull Barrel. I called Fox Ridge and made the arrangements. I need to call and confirm everything before they build the thing though. I was told I would need a different forearm. I figured as much, but I have a matte black gun that is synthetic. They said a synthetic forearm was not available for the bull barrel and I needed to get walnut. Is there any way I can modify the stock forend to accomodate a bull barrel or is there someplace else I can get a matching forearm for this barrel? I just hate to have a wood and synthetic mix, would probably look crappy.
Also, do I need special mounts for a bull barrel? If so, what would be a good set to buy.
Please forgive me if I ask any stupid questions, I'm a rookie and my knowledge of guns is somewhat limited.
Thanks for your help!!
JH....

jhoyt,
T/C sells some very nice one-piece steel bases for the Encore. These work fine with heavy tactical rings. They are not sloped, not aware of any sloped bases for the Encore. They also sell aluminum bases, not nearly as nice as the steel ones that are made by Warne.

I have some varmint and bull barrels for my Encore and they are fine shooters.

Not sure about what they consider "bull barrel" contour but mine are heavy and I had to use a walnut stock. You could ask them if the barrel channel of a composite stock could be opened up to take the heavier contour - they do make the 12 guage barrels for the Encore and they would have bigger channels.

Before you go with the custom shop, check out this site.
http://www.eabco.com/

He specializes in thompson. I believe his barrels are Douglas. He does nice work. I live 15 minutes from the Custom Shop and I am going to use eabco for my new barrel. He also does trigger jobs and has high performance bases and rings.

(Not in any way affiliated)

I would suggest checking out Virgin Valley and Bullberry (custom T/C stocks and barrels) before ordering anything from Fox Ridge. Back when I dabbled in T/C stuff, they (Fox Ridge) weren't considered a huge step up from the OEM stuff.

Monte