Another encore question for Ian M.

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by timl, Jul 9, 2006.

1. timl

timl Well-Known Member

I was wondering what cleaning procedure you use in between shots. I've read several techniques, including licking a patch to clean between shots. Just read about the nikon omega scope--do the aiming points work with 3 777 pellets and a 250gr shockwave?

2. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

I just instructed seminars on the Omega, we shot three T/C's and a Disc rifle out to 250 yards with excellent accuracy. Secret is to use a consistent loading procedure, which includes swabbing between shots. We used one patch moistened with T/C #13 solvent, then a dry patch, then loaded and fired, the one moist patch etc. Moist is barely moist to the touch.
    The Omega works nicely with 3/777 and the 250, ,but fact is it will work with any load if you follow the instructions.
    Good luck with your shooting.

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

The procedure that Ian described work great in the three Encores that my dad , brother-in-law and myself all shoot SS Encore 50x209's
    shoot one shot swab with a damp patch of #13 then one dry one and load again.
    All three of Our guns shoot most accuratly with 2 50gr and one 30 gr pellets with the 250gr Shock Waves.
    I did do some tinkering with the loose 777 and worked up to 180grs under a 250gr bullet and the accuracy was the same as the 150gr load od 777pellets but their was substancial fouling and a bit more funk in the frame.