Another coyote

remingtonman_25_06

Friday night, a buddy of mine who is back from the Marine Corps called me up and wanted to go yote hunting. Of course I said lets go. We started off by seeing a couple nice muley bucks. Nice 3x3, and a pretty nice 4x4. We drove around for a while, not seeing to much, few does here and there. It was almost dark when we both saw a yote run across the road in front of us. I could tell it was another smaller one so I was already thinking that if I bark and howl, he might stop. I slammed on the brakes, jumped out with the 25-06 w/75g vmaxes and howled. He stopped, turned broadside, then it was all over for him. He took a 75g vmax at about 3700fps. Left a pretty good size exit as well. Just wanted to share a couple pics and storys from the latest go rounds with the yotes.

23r7gao.jpg

23r7mg6.jpg

I most say, V-max bullets are awesome. I am having a 6-284 built, and I will be shooting a 75grn V-MAX at 3900 to 4000 fps and the 87grn V-MAX at 3700 to 3800fps. I can't wait to shoot a yote with one of the above mentioned bullets. 25-06, how far was the shot on the yote in this picture, you blew that thing up!!!

Wildcat

Well at least he didnt suffer!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thats some impressive damage!!!! How far was he?? Those hornady bullets can do some impressive damage!!!

Sounds like yote huntin down here. the ol dog i popped with my 270AM left his shoulder and arm about 5ft from the rest of him. Wish i would have gotten a pic of it.

If you thump a deer with the same shot it would make field dressing a snap!!!

congrats
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.