another Savage

MachV,
What did you use as a base stock on the bottom rifle, that is really a class stock,,,how did you do it?

I got it in trade for a 50BMG a while ago :eek: I think its just a reworked BVSS stock as its a laminated stock painted black,its got an aluminum rail under it to help keep it stiff. If I remember right James Jones did the work on it? I reworked the little plastic Steven right above it,now it shoots off the bipods like a dream and doesnt bounce like it did originaly.
I like the big palm swells of the J actions and that black stock fits me great but I still would like a Russo A5 type stock as it sure looks like a dandie!

Dead Beat, does that stock come with the adjustable cheek/butt pieces or do you have to purchase them separate? I still have the factory laminated stock on my Edge and have a slip on riser. I was gonna get a defensive edge cheek piece and put on it. I like the looks of laminate but want the functional aspects of the A5. Looks like you got what I want.

i was going to put the McGee wheel cheak adjuster on it but ran out of time ill put it on when i bet back from my WI. bear hunt

im not sure if joel can cut it for you drop him and email hes a good guy to deal with!! i was looking at my B&C var tac for my VLS it has the cheek and but adjuster it would be easy to duplicte if you want a pull up.out style

BRAVO i see your in IRAQ my sons in the AF hes getting ready for his 3rd deplyoment . be safe and thanks JIM

Dead Beat,
I started my military career out as an AF Combat Controller about 10 years ago. Now I am Army Infantry. So, did I do the smart thing and go Army? I did 3 deployments of 3-4 months in the AF, now I'm on my second Army tour of 15-18 months! I think this will be my last. Too much time away from home and really nothing to show for it, except some scars,metals, and really good stories. Hopefully your son will never have to leave the wire, what AFSC does he have?

BRAVO his AFSC is 3C071 he has about 18 month's left and that will put him at 10 years he has 2 year and 6 month old son's and getting out because of them and his AF boss offered him a pretty good job

and like i said thanks for what you and all the troops are doing

JIM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.