Another coyote

remingtonman_25_06

I shot this coyote last weekend outside Ukiah. We saw 8 that day, but this was the only 1 I got a shot at. It crossed the road in front of us about 200 yards up, by the time we got to where it crossed, my dad stopped the truck and I jumped out. I had my .222 Rem stoked with 40g btips at 3500fps. The little sucker was running straight away, I could barely see it as it was going over a little hill but I had time to get that 1 shot off. I had to have hit it either in the head, or right in the butt. It sounded like a hit so I ran and checked. Sure enough, there it was laying dead with a bullet hole 1 inch above its butt, OUCH!! Lasered 242 yards.
sb29at.jpg

nice work, nice shot, thanks for the pic...

were you up there just coyote hunting? did you do any calling?

We were just road hunting for them that day. We went up to shoot squirrels outside baker, but it was very cold and rainly/sleet. So we decided to just drive around look for coyotes instead. We did not bring the foxpro or else we would have called. We split up the type of yote hunting we do. Some days we call, some days we drive around. They are both equally effective.

Heavy. I need to get in touch with you in a few weeks when the chucks start popping out on a regular basis.

Rem, NICE SHOOTING. I haven't had much time to hunt dogs this last year so I always like to hear about guys nailing some. Thanks for the pic.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.