Another Core-Lokt Bullet

RockyMtnUT

I cannot believe the terminal performance of these things. I found an old box in grandpa gun drawer last fall.
These are the highest-quality, consistent bullets.šŸ˜ I think we have killed close to 310 animals over the years and they still work to this day.
Cor.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot believe the terminal performance of these things. I found an old box in grandpa gun drawer last fall.
These are the highest-quality, consistent bullets. I thinks we have killed over 310 animals over the years and they still work to this day.View attachment 391457
25 years ago shot many a deer and hogs with Rem Core Loct! We have given away several boxes of factory loaded ammo to members since we didn't have the rifles anymore. 7mm08 corelokt devastating on deer hogs bear!
Companies have to come up every year with something new to keep selling. Corelokt are Awesome! Accubonds are also GREAT. Present time we still shoot Acuubonds & SGK in 8mm/.325. Out of Corelokt now and use SGK in .22 to .260 for hunting.

Last edited:
When I went to Africa we used the guns provided so we didn't have to deal with the headache of transport. They gave us rem700s shooting 180gr core lokt factory ammo. Grandad dropped a Kudu at 130 yds with it. It blew me away that we flew halfway around the world only to use such a basic setup that worked so **** well. In total 13 animals fell to that bullet on that trip

Ya'll been watching too many Sci-fi movies where all the creatures are bullet proof šŸ¤£ . The glory of rifles is that there is no creature on earth you cannot kill with one good shot.
Even 22 LR is included in that truth.
If you think about it, the rifle is one of the most significant and powerful tools ever invented.
Personally, I love them. Sierra Gameking SP is another underrated killer.
And now we live in the golden age of bullet performance. Where is the woolly mammoth when ya need him?

I have used CoreLokt for years for deer and bear. As Remington's ad says, "The Deadliest Mushroom In The Woods"

Attachments

• Rem 700 7mmMag .jpg
    Rem 700 7mmMag .jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 107
  • gun range 9 18 13 005.jpg rem 700 30-06 off hand .jpg
    gun range 9 18 13 005.jpg rem 700 30-06 off hand .jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 96
Armed with nothing but a single Corelokt, or Sierra Gameking, would you be afraid to take a shot at a sabertooth tiger? Or, would you let him walk for fear that you couldn't down him with your only cartridge?

I'll take the Core-Lokt hands downā€¦.I've had miserable luck with Sierra GameKing! memtb