Ammo advise for 300 win mag

The only issue with high speed is that you need to find a rapid expanding bullet. If the bullet doesn't expand rapidly, you may pass thru if it doesn't hit bone and not do enough damage for a quick kill. The key is to find the right bullet construction.

The only issue with high speed is that you need to find a rapid expanding bullet. If the bullet doesn't expand rapidly, you may pass thru if it doesn't hit bone and not do enough damage for a quick kill. The key is to find the right bullet construction.
I think that was my main issue shooting super fast bullet with it passing thru without expanding and doing enough damage

185 burger juggernaut 74 grains
18362A4D-83F1-44C2-82A4-7A9B924CFB9D.jpeg
of Hodgdon H 1000 traveling at 2916 ft./s

Hey guys did some looking and couldn't find a lot of info. Wanted to know what everyone's opinion was on grain size and brand for my 300 win mag. Mostly for axis deer around 300 yards. Some of these bucks where I live can eat my 270WSM 130 grain bullets and run 400 yards looking for more of KO blow ammo with the 300. Aloha - kiel
Maybe you need to practice with the 270wsm more and better placement of shots or better bullets

300 WM is like an old muscle car. Has some efficiency issues and the belt is old school. But it is my favorite round. it's just a **** nice round. I use 200 grain accubonds with IMR 4831(71gr). I load them hot but not super-hot. Something in the 2960fps range. It's super accurate in my browning ss abolt. I have never had a failure in bullet expansion. just a real solid round

"A moderate-sized deer, male chital reach nearly 90 cm (35 in) and females 70 cm (28 in) at the shoulder. While males weigh 30–75 kg (66–165 lb), the lighter females weigh 25–45 kg (55–99 lb)."

That's an Average Whitetail ! Guessing OP is using wrong bullet in 270. 130 Accubond thru lungs will drop them quickly as will any 130 cup and core bullet.. He hardly needs a 300 WM ! Heck JOC killed Elk with them !

Hey guys did some looking and couldn't find a lot of info. Wanted to know what everyone's opinion was on grain size and brand for my 300 win mag. Mostly for axis deer around 300 yards. Some of these bucks where I live can eat my 270WSM 130 grain bullets and run 400 yards looking for more of KO blow ammo with the 300. Aloha - kiel
In my 300 wsm I prefer nosler accubonds ! I have killed 7 moose with this bullet and it preforms very well !

I shoot Barnes 180gr Triple X in my 300 WinMag. I have taken some large animals, Elk and Bison. I have had excellent results using the 180 Barnes. Great penetration and weight retention j

Last couple years Axis have shown up on our place in Texas. We shoot whitetails in south Texas and if they run it is an issue because the brush is so thick and coyotes will make quick work of them if you don't find them pretty quickly. For reference in the discussion we shot 2 30+" Axis bucks this year, one with a Hornady 150 SST superformance load from a 24" barreled .308 running near 300 WM velocities of 3000 FPS at 215 yds. The other with a 175 Berger hybrid from a 7Mag at 2960ish at 75 yds. Both Axis bucks ran right at 30 yds and tipped over. The SST exited and the Berger did not. I was impressed with how they absorbed these loads as these same loads on WT usually anchor them right there including this year the Berger hybrid shot WT dropped in his tracks never twitched an ear. I plan on using my 165 or 180 SST or accubond load in my 300 wan for the next one. A great place to search is N Fosters database on Terminal Ballistic Studies. Good luck with the search will follow along. Axis meat is crazy good btw.

My SAKO 300 Win loves nosler ballistic tips 180 grain and accubonds either or. Shoot 1/2" or better and nothing I've shot has taken a step... dropped in their tracks.