ammo for 300 win mag

7mm mag sendero

Hello,I have a problem guys and need some help.I just got a rem sendero sf II in 300 win mag.My problem is that i dont know what ammo to use I dont have any reloading exp or anything to reload.If possiable if you can recamend a load for whitetail deer and ranges out to 600 yards thank you for all your input.Happy shooting to all gun) lightbulb

Agree with the HSM, especially if you want to consider Berger Bullets in a "factory" load.

None of the brands listed above is "bad." However, you will probably have to do what I am doing with a couple of my rifles - buy a couple of different brands, shoot each one, and see what your rifle likes best with regard to grouping at 200 yards. Once you find one, then focus on that load. If you know anyone else with a 300 Win Mag see if they want to go in with you on buying a few boxes so that you're not stuck with 14 loads of something your rifle doesn't shoot well. :rolleyes: "Been there, done that."

Also think about Hornady Superformance in the 180 gr load.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.