American made scopes and rifles

little misprint there The Verano — along with the Buick Excelle GT[5], which was developed for the Chinese market and produced in China and the European Opel Astra sedan

Should read The Verano — along with the Buick Excelle GT[5], which was developed for the Chinese market and produced in China (as) the European Opel Astra sedan. Veronos are made in the US.

little misprint there The Verano — along with the Buick Excelle GT[5], which was developed for the Chinese market and produced in China and the European Opel Astra sedan

Should read The Verano — along with the Buick Excelle GT[5], which was developed for the Chinese market and produced in China (as) the European Opel Astra sedan. Veronos are made in the US.

I'm not an expert nor in a position to know or correct any misprint. _

I would never impose my opinion on someone else, But this is America and We have the right
to our beliefs and the freedom to exercise those rights.

So on a better note; I thought Renee Flemings National Anthem was "GREAT" and it was one of the highlights of the Super Bowl .

It is a beautiful song to some of us and that Is the way it should be sang .

J E CUSTOM

I feel somewhat jaded everytime I hear phrases similar to "This is America & I have a right to...."

Yes, everyone has the "right" to buy foreign autos, guns, clothes, prophylactics Whatever... But in my humbles of opinions (& we all know what those are worth) that doesn't make the decision right; right?:rolleyes:

As I type this I looked down at my Justin boots, All American Clothing jeans, I look up at my Americap ball cap holding my Oakley sunglasses. All US Companies, all of equal or better quality than imports & none costing any more.

Quality & affordable American products are available as someone already pointed out, if you care to look. Waiting for my jeans to come in the mail is the biggest concern of this matter, hardly a hinderance. I recall my visit to HomeDepot yesterday in search of an extension cord for my Indiana made Camper. I was able to find an American made Husky medium duty cord sitting right next to the Chinese imports at an additional whopping $2.00. Care to guess which one I bought?

The same beliefs & drive are what keeps a Ford in my driveway & a Polaris in my garage, there will be nothing else, ever.

I'm often reminded of how Morals & Ethics were explained to me long ago (you know, those things we're not supposed to talk about here).
A moral man knows it's wrong to cheat on his wife.
An ethical man will never do it.

I understand my soapbox stand has an aura of chestbeatin' extreme conservativism, as I reflect upon the state of my country & those who occupy it; I feel there is little choice, again, for those of us who care to look.

I'm not throwing anyone under the bus here so before you reply, understand that I did not intend to berate anyone over anything. I tend to get very... impassioned I guess, when the topic of American made gets brought up. I only voice an opinion of God & Country first, whether it's cheap or popular, I care not.

End Rant- I need another cup of coffee :cool:

t

Outlaw very good post and ill surely give it a big amen!!' Yup in my opinion you have the freedom of choise allright. Either support the country you live in so it can get back the strenght it once hand or move your *** to china or japan so you dont have to pay the price of importing that commy crap here!! Probably can buy your lame little prius for a few bucks cheap over there. Maybe even get one of those wonderful sweat shop jobs your supporting when you buy your clothes at walmart because there a couple dollars cheaper too.

Outlaw very good post and ill surely give it a big amen!!' Yup in my opinion you have the freedom of choise allright. Either support the country you live in so it can get back the strenght it once hand or move your *** to china or japan so you dont have to pay the price of importing that commy crap here!! Probably can buy your lame little prius for a few bucks cheap over there. Maybe even get one of those wonderful sweat shop jobs your supporting when you buy your clothes at walmart because there a couple dollars cheaper too.

... and you're responding from a PC that is made from where???

I served 20+ years in the military and still work for the Department of the Air Force and came from a military family (I'm 4th generation and my son is currently serving in the Special Ops) with rich tradition of military service to this great nation. Like many others like me, esp. those made the ultimate sacrifice for FREEDOM - FREEDOM we all enjoy today, it was an honor and privilege to serve (SUPPORT and DEFEND) this great nation. Having said that, I think WE that served deserved that same FREEDOM. lightbulb

Like choices, what one does to FREEDOM is entirely up to the individual. Let's exercise our FREEDOM of speech; sound or asinine, but let's not take FREEDOM for granted and respect other's FREEDOM too.

... I don't know why it is so hard for others to open up their mind and understand a simple statement below.

finish-02-look-down.gif

I think we all do at varying capacities! No one is advocating not supporting US made products and services.

Enough said !!!

To the OP, make it easy and simple for yourself, buy what you think is right for you regardless of other's opinions. You know what they say about opinions, including mine ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVlYMctb7Y4]Harry Callahan's opinion on opinions - YouTube[/ame]

Cheers!

Feenix, I hope my post did not offend you in any way, as that was not my intent. I don't want you to think I was taking aim at you or anyone else on this forum as we are all brothers here.

As my original post said, I become extremely passionate when it comes to this subject & I debated on whether or not I should post.

t

My pc was made at the local computer shop. Sure, no doubt the componants were made in china or japan but there is no totaly american made computer ive ever seen so your argument is silly. I too served my country and have a choise and my choise is to support the country i live in so that it can be strong enough to supply quality gear for your son to use so he doesnt come home in a box. Id bet your grandpa or at least your great grandpa is shaking his head somewhere. Like you said ENOUGH said. Were off topic and ive found it about impossible to convice anyone to be any more american then they want to be.

Feenix, I hope my post did not offend you in any way, as that was not my intent. I don't want you to think I was taking aim at you or anyone else on this forum as we are all brothers here.

As my original post said, I become extremely passionate when it comes to this subject & I debated on whether or not I should post.

t

Not at all, it"s all good! Most of us are very passionate about our country. However, buying non-US products and services does not automatically mean we don't support our country or it's un-American ... it's kinda like your signature line.

For me, quality and function are the most important consideration period.

Way back when i was a kid, in general Japanese products were considered cheap junk and American products were considered high quality. As I was growing up, that changes a lot. Example, the US auto makers started producing poor quality junk that had a life expectancy of maybe 100,000 miles. Poorly put together and poor quality materials. I saw a lot of rusted out cars by the time they were 3 yrs old. I credit it to corporate greed and the emphasis placed on profit over quality. On the other hand, the Japanese went through a manufacturing cultural revolution and starting producing quality products with reasonable prices. Examples, autos (Toyota), motorcycles, cameras, optics, electronics. US quality went down and Japanese quality went up. Guess what happened? Sorry gents, if you want my $$$, then offer me quality.

That's why Nightforce is top on my list. The parts are made in Japan and assembled and QC'd here. That's the world economy period. US Optics scopes are also excellent products that bear the Made in the USA label... but... are not 100% made in the USA. Enough of it is made here to say it's made here, but not all. That is because Germany and Japan are the best manufacturers of high end optics.

Being a contractor, I put a premium quality tools. I use a lot of power tools, especially cordless, and spend probably 2-3K a year on power tools. Overall, Makita offers the best IMO. After following this thread for a while, I decided to go to my local building/contractor supplier and check the origin of the top power tool products, Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt and Bosch. To my surprise, all but Bosch are made in China and Bosch is made in Switzerland. Probably a very good chance tha Bosch out sources some parts from China. I do own some Bosch tools and they are great quality but Makita are the best cordless overall. I have a few pneumatic tools as well and generally, Hitachi is at the top of that pile.

To the OP, to the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as a 100% made in the USA optic. The question is how much is made here and how much overseas and what quality is it? IMO, Nightforce is the best overall scope for LR hunting and shooting. For benchrest, maybe another scope. Nightforce and US Optics are the toughest and most reliable. There is better glass, but NF glass is beyond excellent and plenty good for me for the price and all that I need for my purposes. I also recently acquired 2 Vortex Vipers for much less to put on my 22-250 and 223. They do not have the same quality glass (but close) or functionality or ruggedness as NF, but they will do well on the rifles they are on.

One other subject that chaps my hide a little is American Unions. At one point in time they served a much needed role. However in many case they have have become counter productive to quality productivity and competitiveness. I have had many personal experiences with union workers and i know what I'm talking about. As a private small contractor, I will give you a quality product for a much better price and less hassle than a union contractor. Overall, unions make the US much less competitive in the world market. I blame the steel unions as the biggest cause of the collapse of the US steel industry. I lived near Pittsburgh when that went down and I knew a lot of steel workers. They eventually striked their way out of their livelihoods.

Combine that with runaway Govt regulation and taxation and the US becomes less competitive everyday.

It seems that purchasing quality manufactured products at the best available prices is the market competition that keeps America strong, over the long haul, no matter where the products are made/manufactured.

Believing America doesn't need to compete with manufacturers around the globe, because we'll choose to continue to purchase American made products, no matter the quality or price, seems like a great way to strike out over the long haul.

I was born and raised in Michigan, the heartland of the American auto manufacturing industry. Up to and thru the 1970s, new GM automobile body panels would have multiple visible rust holes thru them from salt corrosion within 4 years. Reminded me of a kitchen sieve. I wasn't the most experienced guy in the world at that age, but it was a commonly expressed source of disgust amongst auto purchasers and owners. Also helped ensure a steady stream of new auto purchases, I suppose. What caused this to change? Pressure from competing American automobile manufacturers? Don't think so... The American auto industry remained healthy, until foreign manufacturers continued to produce better products at equal prices, year after year after year after years...

What happened when our auto industry ignored the competitive pressures from foreign manufacturers? Got away with it for awhile. Brand loyalty and American made loyalty tided them over for a while. Eventually market pressures lead to business model failure - except that the largest lender in the World, the U.S. Government, came to the rescue.

With respect to rifle scopes, Leupold better keep their pencils sharpened. They do seem to be responding to competitive market pressures. There's more competition now than ever existed prior to now. And more coming down the pike every year.

just hope that when your kids are old enough to need a job theres enough americans buying american products to insure they get a chance at one. Doesnt look good right now. Im old and retired and dont need a job but sure would like to see my grandkids get a crack a a decent life.

just hope that when your kids are old enough to need a job theres enough americans buying american products to insure they get a chance at one. Doesnt look good right now. Im old and retired and dont need a job but sure would like to see my grandkids get a crack a a decent life.

Tell that to the kids and grand kids of the union steel workers and coal miners that screwed them out of good jobs back in the early 80's because of their union mentalities. I was fresh out of college and tried to get my own small construction business going when the local economy evaporated. It was ugly for quite a few years for a lot of people, not just the steel workers and coal miners. I ended up going to work for Uncle Sam in the USAF after spinning my wheels for a couple of years... and a good move it was.

Free enterprise and competition is what makes American productivity strong and keeps quality up and prices reasonable. The unions need to be put in their place and and stiffling govt regulation rolled back and let's compete.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.