Nightforce Scopes Made in.....

All mine say 'Made in Japan'.

Their U.S. office and return/repair center is Orofino ID... but they're manufactured in Japan, AFAIK.

I called nightforce after seeing japan on the bottom of my scope. from what I understood, the scopes are made in orofino idaho, but the glass and the tubes come from japan. this is the way I understood it, if not correct someone please chime in.

I have 3 ea. 3.5X15 NXS scopes and they say "Made In Japan" on the bottom of the scope. I have 1 ea 5.5X22 NSX and it also says "Made In Japan"

I have 1 ea. 2.5X10 NXS and it says "Made In U.S.A."

From what i was told from a guy at nightforce, he said that international trading laws makes them put the sticker on the largest part of the product on where it was made. Since the tubes and glass are made in japan (the tube being the largest part of the actual scope) and assembled in Idaho they are forced to put on the scope "made in Japan"

Folks, I have been using Night Force NXS scopes professionally since 1999. Written several articles on them and now compete in F TR with them.

This is what I have learned about where they are made

All MIl Spec Scopes are USA made
1-4
2-10
3.5-15x50 FFP

The others have some of the parts made in Japan and are assembled here.

Now I have a bunch of these scopes and can tell you, you just cant do better for a scope. Price, quality and clarity are at top of food chain.

Just like the Loopy scope tubes are made in Oregon and the rest all comes from Japan... Don't go into a swoon now Loopy Lovers... "Made right, Made right here" is just a slogan! They are great scopes, just like the NightForce, but like everything else, parts come from around the world... It's just a fact!

NJS

The ones that say Japan their parts are made in Japan and assembled here in the USA. The 1-4x, 2.5-10x, and the 3.5-15x50mm FFP scopes are made in the USA and they use Japan Glass.

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.