Alpen Optics?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by jrw1976, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jrw1976

jrw1976 Well-Known Member

I am wondering if there is anyone out there using alpen scopes on thier guns. I recently recieved a 55% off coupon for alpen products at our local Pheasant Forever banquet. So I have been looking over what alpen offers and I am thinking about purchasing thier kodiak 6-24x50 rifle scope to put on my 7mm rem mag to help with the longer yardages. I figure at 55% off how can I go wrong, but I want to hear some pros and cons before I do the deal. Thanks in advance. JRW

2. mkbaquet

mkbaquet Member

I would like to hear from anyone who has used these scopes as well. They seem pretty nice & have all the features one would look for in a quality scope.
    Lets hear your opinion...good or bad.
    Thanks

3. jrw1976

jrw1976 Well-Known Member

mkbaquet

I just sent you a pm and now I reread this post and yes I bought this scope too. I like it a lot although it doesnt have the target turrets it is still a good scope. I have it on my tractor gun so there is no time to dial in that situation anyway. I have killed 6 coyotes with it this fall ranging between 200-312 yards so this setup cant be to bad or I could be that lucky I dont know. Now that I have both the kodiak and the apex I would say go with the apex the optics are slightly better and it has the locking target turrets.

JRW